𝟎𝟎𝟐 Power

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

Ⅱ 𝒑𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓

HAZEL READ OVER THE PAGES OF HER BOOK. She slowly nodded along to the song that played on the radio as Kory sped down the highway. Rachel sat in the back middle seat looking at the air refresher that hung on the car's rear-view mirror. Kory followed her gaze looking at the marijuana-shaped refresher. "That's not mine," Kory defended ripping it off and throwing it out the window. "We've never met? Ever?" Kory looked at Rachel through the rear-view mirror who shook her head. "Fuck."

"You know it's a weird question, right?" Rachel asked furrowing her eyebrows.

"Just sit there and be quiet," Kory instructed. Hazel looked up at her quickly before back down at her book. "I need to think." The car settled in silence for a few seconds until Rachel leant forward gripping Kory's shoulder. Kory shook her off. "Do not do that!" Kory yelled, pushing Rachel's hand off. "What did you just do anyway?"

"I can feel what other people are feeling," Rachel explained, "But I couldn't feel anything from you. Who are you? What do you want from me?" Rachel questioned, as Hazel eyes Kory from the corner of her eye.

"I don't know," Kory answered honestly. "Just know that there are people out there trying to hurt you and I'm not. Okay?" Rachel nodded softly and leaned back in her seat.

"Do you know who those people were?" Hazel questioned looking at Rachel in the mirror. "Or what they wanted?"

"I don't know," Rachel answered looking off to the side. "Could I at least know your name?" Rachel's eyes wandered back to Kory who cracked her knuckles before placing them back on the steering wheel.

"You can call me Kory," Kory answered, turning her attention back to the road. "If that's even really it."

"What do you mean?" Hazel asked, closing her book.

"I don't know, I don't remember anything past a few days ago, except that I've been looking for Rachel, and that I could trust you," Kory explained, her eyes staying on the road.

"Why?" Rachel asked her eyes glancing around.

"I don't know," Kory answered shaking her head, "I was hoping if I met one of you, it would trigger something but, I..." Kory paused to lick her lips. "You don't seem to know who I am either." Kory pursed her lips in a tight smile. Kory stuck her hand in her purse handing a photo to Rachel. Rachel's eyes scanned over it, taking a particular interest in the woman standing in the middle.