𝟎𝟎𝟏 Police Chase

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

Ⅰ 𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒔𝒆

Day 7 in the Titans Tower

HAZEL DOGDED ONE OF JASON'S STRIKES. Jason slammed the wooden sword down at Hazel but she caught it on her covered forearm. Hazel brought her palm up and flashed a bright light in Jason's eyes. "Fuck!" Jason cursed and stepped back, his hand rubbing his eyes. "Fuck was that?!"

Hazel scoffed and stood straighter. "Fuck was that? The fuck was you slamming the sword at my head like I was an actual bad guy?"

"That's how I fight," Jason defended, slinging the sword over his shoulder.

"Then that's how I fight."

"What are you arguing about now?" Dick's voice called from the doors of the training room, he stood with his hands in his pockets.

"Hazel is trying to blind me," Jason called, pointing the sword at Hazel.

"He tried to actually decapitate me with the sword," Hazel shouted back, poting at Jason.

"So you've been getting better with your light?" Dick asked, moving his hands to cross over his chest.

"What? That's what you're focusing on-?"

"Yes! And I'd be a lot better if I wasn't forced to train with Robin the second!"

"Hey!"

"Hey, what!"

"Enough!" Hazel and Jason stopped and looked up at Dick. "You train together because Jason needs to focus more and Hazel needs to not rely on her powers." Hazel looked away and Jason rolled his eyes. "Take five, then go again. No weapons or powers."

Jason tossed the sword down and Hazel pulled the padding off her arms. They walked past Dick and down the left hall. "Hey, I snuck in a bar of the coffee chocolate last time I was out," Jason mumbled, knocking his shoulder against Hazel's. "Wanna split it?"

"God yes," Hazel smiled and they raced to Jason's room.

Week 2 in the Titans Tower

HAZEL TURNED IN HER SLEEP. Her breath came out in shallow pants as her hands fisted the sheets. Flashes of blood and bodies raced through her mind, she saw trigon standing over her, taunting her as she died.