𝟎𝟏𝟏 CADMUS

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Ⅺ 𝒄𝒂𝒅𝒎𝒖𝒔

SHE DIDN'T FEEL LIKE HERSELF. Hazel sat in a white room, staring up at the TV that played a static screen. Occasionally simple photos of bloody people and the Titans would flash on the screen with a high pitch ringing echoing around the room.

"Miss Graves," A doctor nodded as Mercy walked to him.

"What is she seeing?" Mercy questioned.

"We took an argument Miss Lillis was having with her ex-girlfriend, Oliva Dekker, and we have twisted it," The doctor explained. Mercy gave a side eye to the doctor and he continued. "We started slow, in Miss Lillis's mind Oliva is dead, by Hazel's hand, we have also shown her attacking Mr Logan and the boy Jason Mr Logan was speaking of."

"And her resurrections?" Mercy questioned.

"Oh, uh, Miss Lillis has died seventy-three times, we have her resurrection time to fifty-seven seconds," The doctor explained, displaying the files. "The past several times we have not been able to lower the time."

"Very well. How close are we?" Mercy pulled up another set of files that watched Hazel's brain activity.

"We have nearly driven her insane," The doctor replied with pride. "Good call on using Mr Logan's memories."

"What's stopping us from assessing her brain functions?" Mercy questioned.

"Nothing, we can get into her brain, but she heals by the time we get someone in to test."

"Try again," Mercy ordered, nodding at the doctors.

The two doctors entered the room, cautiously walking to the near-catatonic Hazel. The doctors pressed the patches to the side of Hazel's head, the brain waves showing up on Mercy's screen. Mercy reached over and clicked the doors locked. "Miss Graves?" A doctor questioned, standing straight.

"Miss Lillis," Mercy called through the speaker, pressing a bottom on a small controller and a buzzing ran through Hazel's skull. Hazel blinked, her eyes focusing to look at Mercy through the reflections on the wall. "Protocol three." Hazel's eyes went green and she turned to face the doctors.

"Miss Graves?" The doctor repeated.

"I already have access to Miss Lillis's brain, I just wanted a final test run." Mercy smiled and turned back to Hazel. "Now please Hazel." Hazel focused on one doctor and a tree started to grow from his stomach. The other tried to run but a vine wrapped around his ankle and pulled him back.