𝟎𝟎𝟕 Mobsters

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Ⅶ 𝒎𝒐𝒃𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔

THE STREETS OF GOTHAM WERE ALVIE. Alive in the sense that every few streets someone was doing something illegal. "Do you have a place to start with?" Blackfire questioned as they walked through one of the more rocky parts of Gotham.

"There's a bar called Zion," Hazel answered. "Busted for mob meeting a few months back, but it re-opened a little too fast afterwards."

Blackfire nodded and Hazel pushed the door open to the bar. It had at least twenty people inside at the tables and another ten at the bar with a few stragglers leaning against the walls.

Hazel and Blackfire walked to the bar counter and sat on the stools. "Two rum and cokes," Hazel ordered. The bartender nodded and quickly made the drinks.

Blackfire sipped on the drink, tutting as she lulled over the taste. "How do you plan on doing this?" Blackfire asked, looking at Hazel from the corner of her eye. "You don't exactly look like you could handle a fight."

Hazel sipped on the alcohol and looked up at Blackfire. "Koriand'r and Superboy could have watched you, they could have left you at the Manor with the boys but..." Hazel caught the sight of a tattoo on the side of a man's neck and she picked up the dink. "Kory got me to watch you. Do you know why?"

Blackfire paused, "Because you'll make sure no one gets hurt?"

Hazel sipped her drink and smiled to herself. "Because I'll make sure everyone gets hurt," Hazel corrected. She grabbed the drink and walked to the table tucked in the corner. "Scorpion's right?" Hazel questioned, pointing to the tattoo.

The older man looked up at Hazel, flicking one of his lip piercings. "Yeah, who are you?" The man nodded, his voice sickly and it matched his sagging skin.

"I'm your 2 o'clock." Hazel sipped the drink once more before smashing it against his forehead. A man reached for his gun and Hazel grabbed his head and slammed it into the empty shot glasses. She kicked a table up, knocking another two back.

Blackfire stood and knocked two out with precise hits. A man pulled out his gun and fired three times at Hazel. Hazel focused and the bullets turned to sand before they could hit her. "Venom," A voice whispered.

The bar fell into silence as the men dropped their guns. Blackfire's jaw dropped slightly as she watched Hazel walk back to the bar. The bartender handed her another drink and Hazel turned to face the patrons. "I need to know everything about Jonathan Crane and Red Hood."

BLACKFIRE SAT ACROSS THE COUCH, A SCOTCH IN HER HAND. Hazel poured herself a bourbon and sighed to herself. "Sorry Hank," Hazel mumbled. She sipped on the drink and sat across the large leather armchair.