A Twist of Fate - III

Zacznij od początku

She sits on the edge of her bed, trying to remember her dream one more time. She dreamt of Perrie again. Ever since they saw each other again, she's dreamt of the blonde almost every night, especially on days when Perrie picks up Emily from school.

The only thing she remembers from her dream is Perrie's blue eyes. She stared at them and she could see every peck of color in the blonde's eyes. She remembers telling Perrie somewhere between the lines of "I could look into your eyes forever".

It's frustrating that she couldn't remember the place. Their surroundings were blurry, but she couldn't make herself forget Perrie's eyes and the way the blonde was looking at her. She was staring at Jade blankly, like Perrie doesn't know her, or like she somewhat knows her but means nothing to Perrie.

Jade massages her temple. Her head throbs every time she forces herself to remember her dreams of the blonde, so she decides to get up and take a shower.

It's a Friday, and it's her last day of being a substitute teacher for the preschoolers.

After today, she plans to avoid bumping into Perrie. Besides, the primary school campus is a bit farther from the secondary school campus where she teaches music. Leigh will also be with her today so she can properly hand over the lesson plan.

Leigh-Anne is excited to handle the class since she loves teaching kids. Jade took the liberty of arranging all the other things that Leigh might need for her class in the coming weeks. Although Leigh already took over in teaching the class, she too was observing Jade as the brunette introduced her to the class.

"Hey...Miss Thirlwall–"

Jade holds up her hand to stop her. "Please...call me Jade."

Leigh smiles at this. "If you want to head out early, it's perfectly fine with me. It's the weekend, and it looks like you have someplace to be tonight. I can handle the remaining hours with the kids."

Jade was surprised at Leigh's words. "You're getting rid of me," she pouts.

"No...No...it's not like that. I didn't mean it that way," Leigh explains. "It's just...I could feel that you're physically present here when in reality, you'd rather be somewhere else right now."

Jade chuckles. She thought Leigh was busy with her students, she wasn't aware that she, too, was being observed. Then, she recalls something.

"Hey...uhm, I just remembered... When we first met, you mentioned something about me being the missing person...what did you mean by that?" Jade asks.

"Oh...D–Did I...did I say that?"

Jade nods. "Mmm-hmm..."

Leigh was shocked that Jade remembers it. "Oh, forget about that! I was just talking gibberish. I sometimes say weird things that I can't even remember saying!" Leigh smiles, trying her hardest to brush off the topic, hoping that the brunette buys her alibi.

When Leigh got the chance to talk to Perrie, the blonde told her to not say a thing about it to Jade. 

Especially the part where she told her everything about their story. In turn, Leigh was shocked when Perrie told her that she was married and had a five-year-old daughter. Perrie never mentioned that when they were on the plane.

"Oh...kay? You're weird." Jade concluded and laughed at how beautiful yet weird Leigh-Anne was.

It wasn't hard for the two women to be comfortable with each other even if they'd only been acquainted twice.

"Anyway, are you serious about me taking the time off early today?"

"Yes, totally. The offer is still on the table. Why?"