Chapter 23

"Let the game begin," Chiron announced.

All the campers shuffled to the audience stage, they were excited to see how this ends.

Percy proceeded to protect the flag while Poseidon and the others went to get the flag.  Artemis and some of the others went to snatch the flag, Athena and Zeus protecting the flag.  Artemis leading the team, Athena calculating the possibilities of them losing.  Poseidon and the others only had one goal, to get the flag while Percy distract them.  They knew full well that Percy could hold off the Olympians.

Artemis made her way through the forest, she put a signal to the others telling them to wait in the bushes, while she came out.

"Percy," she greeted.

"Arty, let me guess, Ares, Hera and Dionysus are hiding right about... there," Percy pointed exactly at the bushes they were behind.

"Never seem to let me down, no wonder I chose you," Artemis smirked, by now they were circling each other.

"Now, I do have a brain, watch what I'm going to do," Percy grinned.  He shot an arrow at the place they were hiding.  A net immediately sprung out.

"Not bad," Artemis tilted her head and raised her eyebrows.  All the campers were at the edge of their seats by now.

"Let's give them a good show, shall we?" Percy said.  Then he lunged at Artemis.

Artemis used her hunting knives to block his attack.  She then shot a few arrows at the sky.  Percy used his sword and sliced each one clean.

"I thought we made it clear that that wouldn't work?" Percy raised his eyebrows.

"Yes, but that was merely a distraction," she said. Then, Ares came rushing on the left with his sword and Percy blocked it with his katana.

"Come on buddy.  Are you still mad about when I was 12 years old?" Percy taunted.   Ares charged at Percy in full speed and yelled a really angry 'argh'.

"Oops," Percy grinned.  He used his katana to block the knives thrown at him by Artemis.  Then he stabbed it into the Earth, he took out his own hunting knives.  Then, using his katana, he launched himself into the air.  He threw his hunting knives, pinning Ares to the ground.

Percy then used water to freeze up Hera and Dionysus, making them unable to move.  He looked at Artemis who took out her own bow.  So, he mimicked her and took out his own bow.  They both looked at each other then grinned.  Ares, Hera and Dionysus stopped what they were doing to watch this interesting fight.

Artemis fired hundreds of arrows at him.  Percy dodged most of them and fired some of his own at the arrows that came at him, pinning them against the tree.  Then, he fired dozens at Artemis who dodged them swiftly.

Artemis charged at him at full speed, everyone could only see a silver blur, she attacked him with her hunting knives, Percy frantically blocked all her blow, suddenly, she saw a branch underneath him, so she pressed him even more.  Percy tripped and fell down.  Artemis pressed her foot against his chest.

"I am still better, I win," Artemis smirked.

"Wait," Percy said, he waited three seconds.  "Three, two, one," suddenly, Chiron's horn sounded. 

"Team Percy win!" he announced.

"Our battle here isn't done yet," Percy grinned at her.

He took her foot and judo flipped her, exchanging spots.  By now, everyone was watching the couple fight.

Artemis used her strength to roll over, managed to slip out of Percy's foot grip.  She quickly got up and threw hunting knives at him, one catching Percy by the sleeve, then he was dragged down by the force of the knife.

"Ahhh!" he yelped as he fell down with a thud.  He quickly brought out Xiphos to block her attack with hunting knives.  He suddenly leapt forward and kissed her on the lips, then, flipped her down, his foot on her chest and Xiphos at her neck.  Aphrodite, Opal and Amber squealed, it is not like everyday you see your parents kiss.

"Yield?" Percy grinned, he was a bit red.

"Yield," Artemis grumbled, obviously flustered.  All the campers were surprised.  Then, Artemis and Percy flashed away, leaving their kids at camp.

"Aw man, they forgot us here," Jamie whined.  That might not be the first time.

Suddenly, Percy flashed back, "Chiron, please look after my kids," before disappearing again.