Chapter 10

It had been a week and only Nico knows Athanasios' identity. Everyone is very curious, unfortunately, he wouldn't reveal.

Suddenly, three conch horn sounds were heard. It was the signal for war. The troops of End have arrived.

Percy quickly put on his armor and marched in front of all the campers. "You will all listen to my commands. If you wish to live, obey them!" Percy shouted. All the campers nodded.

He raised Xiphos and yelled, "Hunters, be ready but do not engage fire! Ares campers, on the first line! Apollo campers, assist the hunters. As for the rest of you, help whenever needed. I will march in first!" The Ares cabin marches forward, weapons at the ready. The Apollo cabin and hunters had their arrows notched.

Percy charged into the crowd of monsters, taking down a lot, followed by the Ares campers. "Archers, fire at will!"

Then, silver and gold arrows came raining down, disintegrating the monsters. It took a while, but eventually, Apollo and Artemis arrived. They started racing around, killing the monsters.

Suddenly, Percy met face to face with Kronos.

"Ah! We both know who you are and I hoped you will die painfully," Kronos sneered, then they both lunged at each other. Percy blocked each of Kronos' blows and landing some of his. He looked around and saw the others having trouble. Percy gritted his teeth, he had to end this now.

Suddenly, Kronos laughed. Percy was confused at first until he saw Kronos raising his scythe. Kronos threw it and Percy, ready to block it, until he realized that it was aimed at Nico.

He tried to run to Nico and help him.

Too late.

Nico was struck down. "NO!" Came a yell of fury. Percy quickly ended Kronos with one clean strike. Then he raced around with a speed Hermes would envy, leaving a trail of gold dusts while the campers saw the monsters fighting them dead.

Percy kneeled next to Nico, "Don't you die on me now." Nico looked at Percy then smiled. Percy cussed, then, he muttered a spell.

The scythe on Nico disappeared without a trace, his chest was not hurting anymore. Nico sat up and looked besides him, now Percy started shimmering.

"See you soon Nico. Promise me you'll never tell them my identity. Apollo, I'm keen of Nico here, take care of him," after Athanasios' dying words, he disappeared, leaving nothing but a mark of Xiphos imprinted on the grass.

Everyone was sad and curious. Seems like only Nico knew his identity, but now Athanasios is dead. The one to lead them into war and help them, dead. Nico was very determined he will come back. No one had seen him that sure.