𝟕. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤

Start from the beginning

She too was utterly happy. She even confessed her love for me that day, as I named our son after her. The love in her eyes spoke it all. She loved me more than anything. She was delighted that I was her husband, and she wished to be mine forever. These were her words.

"Da-da-da-da" I heard Pihu coo. While Priyansh was busy drooling over my shoulder. I looked at her and kissed her lightly.

"Yesshh Mera baccha" I replied in a baby tone.

[Yes, my kiddo]

We played for sometime and I lull them to sleep. And then I had my dinner. Defeatedly, I grabbed the suitcase which was above our cupboard, and pulled it down. And began putting her dresses into it.

I internally somewhere knew, I had to do this someday. But- it's hard somehow. I can't explain. I held a kurti which was above of all. A white slit one. This was her favourite. She wore this on our first date, along with ripped jeans. I hugged it and sniffed it deeply.

It purely had her essence. My eyes moistened, but I controlled it. Neatly folded it and kept in the suitcase. My heart felt really heavy-

I began doing this to some of her clothes and my eyes landed to one of her dresses. This.. she wore I guess, on our date night ? Maybe. After marriage date night.

"Come on Aarush, don't cheat" she said tightening the blindfold on me.

"I ain't" I said chuckling.

"Follow me" she held my hands and leaded me.

She suddenly stopped to which I assumed we've reached. She took off the blindfold, and I saw our room decorated by fairy lights, balloons, rose petals, candles and what not !

She locked the door and hugged my arm tightly. "You liked it ?" she asked. Her eyes were helding a hope of a positive reply. "Tell me na" she hit my chest lightly to which I dramatically winced "ouch"

But I was really lost in her eyes, while she was nervously looking into mine. "I loved it"

"Really ?"  Her eyes beemed in joy and she gave me a chaste kiss.

"Come here" she took my hand and made us stand before the table. There was a cake, which she indeed made.

"Happy Valentine's Day, My heartbeat" she wished me. I greeted her back and we cut the cake, fed each other followed my a good wine.

Wine was something my family won't allow, so she brought it secretly informing me few days back.

My trance broke as a pit of clothes fell on me. Umm.. she was cute. I folded her rest of clothes neatly and placed it in suitcase. And I had a tight nap.

____

The next two days went swiftly as I wasn't interacting with my family. Today is my re-wedding day. We've issued this date in the court a week back. As he was our family lawyer, he manages it all.

I was in the court waiting for her family. I dressed nothing special. Just a simple white shirt and a blue pair of jeans. I dressed my babies simple too. Priyansh was wearing his cars tee and half pant. And Pihu was wearing a cute little floral frock.

The Parekh family came in sight. They came next to us and greeted us. Our lawyer informed us the procedure and we were taken to the court room for marriage registration purpose, and our names declared we went in.

We submitted the required documents. And, we were called front and she was asked to sign first. Later, my lawyer asked me to do the same. I left a heavy breath and looked at my kids.

They were looking at me with doe eyes. They're innocent. And as a father, it's my responsibility to give them the best life I can.

"This is for you, Priya" I said and signed the declaration.

Claps were heared and I felt awkward. I looked at her as I felt her gaze on me. She smiled a bit, I can clearly state it was a forced one. Our families greeted each other and parents sounded happy.

'I'm sorry Priya. I'll love you always. No matter what' I apologised internally.

Then we were taken to the temple to terminate the marriage with 'rituals' according to her parents.

We were made to sit before the holy fire and Panditji were chanting mantras. I glanced at her, she was devoid of any expressions. She just looked at the fire blankly as if it's the most important and interesting thing in the world.

But she looked good. Her red saree and mininal accessories suited her. Panditji informed me to forward my right hand, and she would keep her hand on mine.

But Priyansh began crying. Is this a hint ?  I was getting up but Panditji out me to halt saying it would be a bad omen it I quit like this. But Papa forwarded him to me. He sat on my laps and sucked my left hand's thumb.

It was difficult to handle him as my one hand was busy doing rituals. Pihu stepped close to me, sitting on my same lap as of Priyansh. Then they both cried fighting on my lap. They weren't listening to any family member today.

They want me. Just me. My babies.
"Da-da-da-da" she cried louder calling me out.

"Can I-" To my surprise, it was Yuvaani. I nodded hesitantly.

She took Priyansh on her lap and cooed him. He began playing with her saree and stood up on her lap. She held him securely so he won't hurt him.

And we followed our rituals. Then we stood up and exchanges our garlands. I was asked to fill her hairline with vermilion. I did. It felt strange. Like- it's something different. Unexplainable. As if I'm doing and undoing the right ging at the same time.

Priyansh came to me and tugged my jeans asking me to hold him. So was my daughter. I made them hold my index finger and took our seven pheras. Later, I held them.

"Vivaah sampann hua, abhi se aap dono pati patni hai"

[The wedding is over, you are a married couple from now on]

We took his blessings along with our elders. Her parents were emotional but still her face didn't held any emotions. Her parents hugged her and cried.

"Please. Don't" saying this, she backed herself from their hold and looked at me to continue further.

We shifted her bags from their car to ours and drove us home.

___

Author's Note-
[ If I'm mistaken in any of the rituals, please forgive me. Whether it be Court marriage or Marriage at temple. If you think I'm mistaken please correct me, your reviews are welcomed]