Your relationship with God

"Now it came to pass that as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.

        And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus feet and heard his word.

         But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hast left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.

         And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:

         But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from  her.
            Luke 10:38-42

"And he said unto them take heed and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

And he spake a parable unto them saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:

And he thought within himself, saying, what shall I do, because I have no room where to  bestow my fruits?

And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.

And I will say to my soul, soul thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.

But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?

So is he that layeth up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God.

                                             Luke 12:15-21

    Many of us have come across these two stories above but what have we learnt from it?

   They both apply to the kind of life that we live daily.

     Just like Martha, most of us are too busy to take a moment to listen or hear from God. Service to God is important but it doesn't have to take up your whole time, what about your relationship with God?

Most of us it's not even service to God that takes up our whole time but the jobs we do, we literally have no time for God, no time to sit and listen to his word, no time to pray, our job is all that's important to us. What about our relationship with God? Do we have time for him?

Just like Mary have we taken time to sit and study the word, to learn from Him, to get to know Him more, to hear from him and even to pray?

Or have we thrown Him aside remembering Him only when He comes to mind?

Most of us are like the rich man, our sole desire is to pile up riches, to make it big, and we work towards this forgetting about our relationship with God.

Do we care about our soul? What shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and suffer the loss of his soul?

Let us take time to listen to God's word, hear Him and work diligently on our relationship with Him.

There is a verse in the bible that says cast all your cares upon Him for He careth for you. Another says think not on what ye shall eat or what ye shall wear for your heavenly father knows that you have need of these things but this is what we have to do, seek first the Kingdom of God, and every other thing shall be added onto us.

   Our relationship with God, should be our top priority.

Praise God.

****************************

Thanks to God for today's study and I pray that God will grant us the grace to take our relationship with Him seriously. Amen.

Insights and questions are always welcome ❤️

God bless ❤️