Growth

First of all I want to say thank you to damaris-blvd for helping me to understand more the verse of yesterday. Thanks for shedding more light on it. From what I understood yesterday the bible makes it clear that as Christains we are going to suffer for Christ sake but we should not be ashamed to suffer for him. He wasn't ashamed when He came to earth and suffered for our own sake. We should be happy to partake in the sufferings of Christ and always give God the glory no matter what we go through. And according to the word of God in the bible this sufferings prepares for us a much greater reward.

The bible also assures us that we are not the only ones going through this afflictions but we are comforted and encouraged in that our fellow brethrens around the world pass through Same afflictions.

And lastly we should always thank God for the privilege to be called Christains. Thank God for the privilege to be called by Him, saved by His grace  and now an heir to God's kingdom.

************************************

    "And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
     And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance Patience; and to patience godliness;
      And to Godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
       For if this things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our lord Jesus Christ.
     But he  that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
     Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do this things ye shall never fall:
      For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ" 2Peter 1:5-11

Faith+virtue+knowledge+temperance+patience+godliness+brotherly kindness+Charity.

Faith : Believing in God even when nothing makes sense to you.

Virtue : Do the right thing and avoid what is wrong. Doing the right thing even if it's the last thing you want to do.

Knowledge : Always abounding in the knowledge of God.

Temperance : Self control. With self control we can be able to resist giving in to the lust that's in the flesh.

Patience  Endurance. The ability to endure through every situation.

Godliness : Having, showing the attributes or characteristics of God. Being Christlike.

Brotherly kindness : Be kind to one another. Do nothing out of selfish ambition.

Charity : Loving one another as Christ loved us.

       When we become children of God, we do not remain the way we came. We take steps to grow. Our old and carnal attributes begin to fall off layer by layer and a new us begins to emerge.

  If we are diligent in our walk with God we grow in the qualities listed above and more. We won't remain stagnant neither will we fall back. We will bear good fruits.

     But when we become children of God and have not that desire to grow, little by little we begin to fall back and soon we go back to those sins of which we have been saved.

     The bible has assured us that when we continue to grow and abound in this qualities without failing, our entrance to the kingdom of Abba is guaranteed. We become heirs to an incorruptible inheritance.

May Abba father grant us the grace to continue to grow in Him. Amen

Praise God.

**************
To grow in Christ is what I desire most, am always happy anytime I discover that an old part of me that  isn't godly at all has chipped off and I have become more like Christ in that area.

Alrighty, insights and questions are welcome.

Godbless❤️