Lust

"Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: For God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
       But everyman is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
      Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
      Do not err, my beloved brethren"
                            James 1:13-16

I read through the book of James today but the verses above is where my mind dwelled and this is what I learned:

     Through our lust we give in to temptation. Lust comes when our minds dwell on the object of temptation.

    When we are being tempted, and our mind begins to dwell on that thing of which we are being tempted lust creeps in taking us unawares.

    When we allow our minds to dwell on the object of temptation by thinking about what we are going to get from it, thinking about the release we are going to feel or how every pain will just go numb when we take that drug, thinking about the pleasures we are going to receive, thinking about the fame we are going to obtain, thinking about the material things we will possess, thinking about how beautiful or handsome the sight is, we begin to feel the desire to go for it and if we are not able to overcome that desire, it becomes our undoing.

   If we do not want to give in to temptation then let us not think on the object of temptation, do not picture or imagine it.

    When the thought or imagery comes let us discard it immediately. If it becomes persistent, we should pray and use the word of God to counter it.

      May we come out triumphant through every temptation in Jesus name. Amen.

Praise God.

**********************

I feel this everytime I start dwelling on a particular object of temptation. The desires will start creeping in and sometimes when I try to get my mind off such thoughts it doesn't leave immediately rather it becomes persistent, that's when I seek God's help and he answers everytime. It's only when I do not seek God and I allow myself to soak in that desire that is when I sin.

Do you have insights or questions? they are very much welcome ❤️

God loves you.....