Deny yourself

"And he said unto them all, if any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow me.

          For whosoever shall save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

       For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself or be cast away?
                                        Luke 9:23-25

    And Jesus said unto him, no man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
                                    Luke 9:62

Take up his cross daily and follow me, die to yourself daily, it's not a once in a while thing.

       The key word here is daily, do we die to ourselves daily? Do we take up our cross daily to follow him?

        It should be an everyday thing. This verses today, reminds me of the times that I would forget about my relationship with God for a while, and just relax, giving in to my fleshly desires then all of a sudden I will remember that I am slipping away and then go back again and pick up from where I stopped Lol

      This is what most of us do and it really shouldn't be so. If we have decided to follow Jesus it should be a daily occurrence, not forget about him today and remember him Tomorrow. We should be ready to die to ourselves daily, deny ourselves of those fleshly desires that only serves to distance us from God, those desires that makes us to increase in our Adamic nature instead of Christ increasing in our lives, whatsoever that glorifies self in our lives instead of God, we should be ready to let go of them all and live for God alone.

         It's not going to be easy, but by the grace of God we can do it.

        We shouldn't look back and think about the things we are missing out on, the cares and lust of the flesh should not take us away from God.

        Deny yourself, take up your cross daily and follow Me.

Praise God.

*********************************
Today's study is a reminder that I need to die daily. Serving God is really not a once in a while thing.

    Alrighty, insights and questions are always welcome ❤

God bless ❤️