Forgive and love your enemies

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor and hate thine enemy.
        But I say unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
      That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust"  Matthew 5:43-45

      This is a hard part of Christianity. I mean, we are humans after all. When people treat us badly the first thing we think of is revenge, how we are  going to do back. When we see our enemies in pain we laugh and say they deserve it. When people offend us we love to hold unto that hurt and not forgive the person, even when we want to once we remember what the person did our anger intensifies.

      But Jesus is teaching us here that as children of God when we are treated in an evil way we have to do the exact opposite. It's going to be hard I tell you. But by the grace of God and help of the holy spirit, we will be able to do it.

     Let's take for example the life of Jesus, he came to the earth for our sake, but we did not accept him. Instead we reviled him, scorned him, persecuted him, hated him but when he was nailed to the cross before his death what did he say "father forgive them for they know not what they are doing". He could have destroyed humanity with one word from his mouth because of what we did to him but he asked the Lord to forgive us and gave his life for us.

    It's not going to be easy because of our human part, but when we decide to forgive with our whole heart and give it to God, he will see us through.

     And I believe that when we forgive people and let go of the hurt, the peace of mind we will feel is always greater and better than the hurt we were holding unto. 

May God grant us the grace to learn to forgive and love our enemies. Amen.

Praise God.

*********************************
This is something that I really need to pray for cause am always quick to see where someone has wronged me. lolz
I always pray that God will give me a heart of love, I need to start praying more for a heart that is always ready to forgive too.

Alrighty, insights and questions are always welcome ❤️

God bless❤️