Chapter 37

Marigold's POV

I ran out of the cell as fast as I could.

"Blue please! Please don't do this!"

"Maggie, I have to!"

"No you don't! Please Blue!"

"SHUT UP MAGGIE!"

I watched in horror from the top of the stairs as Maggie and Blue argued downstairs.

Everyone had shock written all over their faces as they stood around Blue. She was standing, very shakily due to the lack of food and water, ad she had a gun in her hand.

Pointed at her own head.

"Blue?" I whispered shakily, slowly inching my way down the stairs. She turned to look at me, tears in her eyes.

I walked over and stood directly in front of her, but a few feet back. I just gaped at her.

"Why?"

"You were gonna kill me anyways, and you have good reasons to. But I wanna go out my way."

"But-but who did you get a gun?"

"That doesn't matter Marigold."

She put the gun down on the floor and reached her un cuffed hand out. I took it in mine as a smile crossed her face.

"We've been fighting about it for days. You loved me once, but we drifted apart. These people here, these survivors, they are your family now. They've taken care of you, loved you, been there when I wasn't. I've made mistakes, and I realize that. I've enjoyed being your big sister, and I thank you for being my little one." She held my hand tighter as tears flowed from my eyes, "You are gonna live through this. Anytime soon is not the time to join me, mom, and dad. Carl is here, and he will protect you. Daryl, I can see he's like a dad to you. And Carol, she's like mom to you. I love you, even if you can't find it in your heart to love me the way you used to. I used to look at death like the worst thing in the world, but now I don't. I'll see mom and dad, and one day, I'll be with you too. But not now, not today, not anytime soon." She looked behind me at everyone, "All of you, thank you for taking care of her when I 'went off the deep end'. And Carl, you love her, so protect her."

I ran forward and hugged her skinny waist. I looked up at her through my clouded, teary eyes. It didn't matter how skinny and vulnerable she looked, when I saw her now, I saw the Blue I used to know and love. Her green eyes, her dark brown hair, I saw the old Blue.

"I love you Marigold," she whispered, kissing my forehead. She pulled her hand away, but I didn't wanna let go. I reached to grab her again but Carl wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me away from Blue.

"No," I choked out, "No, no, no..."

I bit my lip to keep the sobs from erupting from the throat. I looked Blue in the eyes one last time before se raised her gun to her head.

Then the gun went off.

"NO!!!!!!!!!" I cried out, struggling to get out of Carl's grasp. I finally did and rushed over to Blue's lifeless body on the floor, "BLUE!!!!!!!!!"

I grabbed onto her face. It was so cold. I leaned over her body and rested my head on her unmoving chest, sobs erupting from my throat.

"Blue...no, no, no, no, no..." I cried, grabbing her shirt. I say up, still crying my eyes out as I took her jacket off of her, pulling it around myself. I sat back on the floor, pulling my knees up to my chest and crying.

"No no, don't cry baby girl," Carl whispered, tears obviously coming from his eyes because I was crying.

He wrapped me up in his arms, rocking my shaking body back and forth.

"Who gave her a gun?" I heard Rick ask.

"Who the hell do you think?" I heard a low voice say from the doorway. I picked my head up, along with Carl and stared the man.

Merle.

"You," I whispered, standing up with Carl and walking towards him, "YOU! YOU DID THIS!" I cried, slamming my fists into his chest.

"You were gonna kill her anyways!" He screamed in my face, pushing my chest back so I fell into Carl's arms.

"THAT DOESN'T GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO DO THAT!!!!!!" Daryl shouted at his brother, getting right in his face.

I turned and buried my face in Carl's chest.

She was gone. Forever...