Chapter 21

Marigold's POV

We stood outside, Maggie cradling the new baby girl. Rick and Daryl had showed up and were taking out the last 2 Walkers. Everyone was staring at us, and Rick finally looked over.

His face twisted into so many different emotions. Anger, confusion, disbelief, denial.

"Where is she?" He asked, his voice cracking. Carl hung his head and he walked over, bending to face him.

"Oh no," Rick cried, sobs erupting from his truth.

"Oh no no no no no," he cried, walking around and around. He finally dropped to the ground, sobbing and screaming no. But what else could you expect, he lost his wife.

Rick suddenly stood up angrily, grabbing an ax and running into the prison.

"I'll follow him," Glenn said, grabbing his gun and chasing after Rick, calling out his name.

Everyone walked one by one back into the cell block, and I took Carl's hand and guided him inside.

We all sat down and Daryl suddenly stood up.

"Where's Carol? And T-Dog?" He asked. Everyone looked around at each other and for the first time in my life, I saw tears form in Daryl, the tough guy's, eyes. He pushed them away though and walked over to Maggie, taking the baby.

"Hey there, what should we call you," he cooed to the baby girl, "Little Ass Kicker? Yeah you like that name? Little Ass Kicker? That's a good name right?"

Everyone giggled a bit, except for Carl. He just gave a small, unsure smile and walked to our cell. Everyone looked at me for answers.

"I'll go talk to him," I said, rising from the ground. I walked over and kissed Little Ass Kicker's forehead before following Carl to the cell.

I sat down on the bed, watching Carl stand in the corner and stare at the wall. He must have noticed that I was there because he came over and laid down, resting his head on my lap.

"I miss her," he said, quietly crying into my hunting pants. I did my best to calm him down.

I would run my hands down his back, up and down to let him know I was there for him. I combed my fingers through his long hair over and over. I leaned over and kissed his cheek, kissing away the falling tears.

After about 10 minutes, he had finally cried himself to sleep. I removed his head from my lap and positioned it on the pillow. I laid down behind him, wrapping my arms around him and intertwining our hands.

That night I did sleep, with nightmares.

I slept dreaming of everyone we lost.

Blue, Andrea, Carol, T-Dog, Patricia, Jimmy, Sophia, Lori...

That night, both Carl and I cried ourselves to sleep.