Chapter 24

Marigold's POV

"So this man took Glenn and Maggie?"

"That's what I said..."

"Where did he take then?"

"A town called Woodsbury, to see a man that calls himself the Governor."

Rick nodded, standing from his spot on the floor.

"I'm gonna go in and get them. I want Oscar, Daryl, and you," he said, looking a Michonne, "to come with me."

They all nodded and prepared to leave, saying their goodbyes and leaving in one of the cars.

Carl kissed my forehead, walking upstairs to lay down for awhile. I walked over a few cells and went into Beth's.

"Hey Beth," I said, sitting down beside her.

"Hey Mari, what's up?"

"Nothing, just trying to let Carl have some time alone. I feel like I'm almost hovering over him."

"Oh sweetie, you aren't hovering at all!"

"But he never seems to be with anyone but me and Judith! It seems like I'm dragging him away from his father..."

Beth grabbed onto my shoulders, turning me towards her.

"You listen to me Marigold, you aren't hovering at all. You're worried about him, that's all. And actually, you have every right to worry about him. He doesn't think you're hovering at all, he knows you don't wanna leave his side because you're worried. And you aren't pulling him away from Rick, he's doing that himself. He's pushing us all out, except for you. He can't push you away, just like you couldn't push him away back at the farm...he loves you."

"I know he does, I love him too."

Beth laid back on the bed and I laid next to her in a comfortable silence.

"I miss your sister as much as you do," she said, suddenly breaking the silence.

"It's just hard without her you know? I mean, she's my sister, and it just hurts to know I may never see her again."

Beth grabbed onto my hand lightly, making me look her in the eyes.

"I know how hard it is, but you have all of us. And if it makes you feel better, I've looked down at you like a sister from the day you and Blue showed up. And from this day forward, I will continue to act like a sister."

I smiled softly as she kissed the crown of my head, pulling me in close.

I rested my head on Bet- my sister's chest, slowly drifting to sleep.

I fell asleep feeling loved.