Chapter 12

Marigold's POV

I woke to the sound of people chatting outside of the car. We drove a little last night and found this like brick wall thing. We stayed there but Carl and I moved into the car because it was a bit too tense for us. Lori and Rick got into a fight about Shane and then Rick just went off about how this was no democracy anymore.

"Morning beautiful," I heard a voice whisper in my ear while arms tightened around my waist.

"Good morning Carl," I whispered with a smile on my face. I turned around in his arms and looked into his blue eyes, almost completely hypnotized.

"I love you," he said, planting a gentle kiss in my lips.

"I love you too," I told him.

Yeah, I told him I loved him last night. But I wasn't lying, I meant it.

Carl sat us up and we walked hand in hand towards the group, Lori and Carol smiling at us.

"Hey mom, where are Daryl, Glenn, T-Dog, and dad??" Carl asked, sitting down beside me and sharing the plate of eggs. They must've found then in the woods.

"Daryl went back to the farm in search if Andrea and Blue. Your dad and the others went to go find gas and other useful things."

We just simply nodded and continued to eat with everyone in silence. We heard the engine of a car and looked to see that Rick, Glenn, and T-Dog were back.

"We got fuel!" Glenn cheered, waving the gas bucket in the air. He almost spilt some of it which caused us to laugh.

"And Marigold," T-Dog said, walking over to me with his hands begin his back, "Blue told us once that your dad taught you to shoot a bow and arrow. Everyone was always calling you Katniss. We thought it was time you got a new weapon besides your knives."

T-Dog brought his hands in front of him and I practically jumped from my seat in pure excitement and shock.

In my opinion, T-Dog was presenting me with the best bow ever.

"A recurve bow?!?!?! Where did you find one if these!" I exclaimed, excitedly taking the long, slender bow from his finger tips.

"Some random place in the town, thought of you when I saw it."

I grabbed the case of 15 arrows from his hands and slipped it over the back of my hunting jacket. Everyone made the smart decision and moved out of my firing range.

I tested the air, wanting to make sure nothing could smell me. I walked over to the road side and grabbed the smallest rock I could find. I aimed my arm at the tree lines, and shot the rock quickly. I withdrew my arrow and readied it.

A flock of birds shot right out of the tree tops, probably 18 of them in all.

I fired arrow after arrow at lightning speed. 1, 2, 3, 4....

I shot down 5 birds.

I retrieved my arrows from the birds and carried them over to the group, placing all 15 arrows back into their holder.

"Damn," I heard T-Dog say.

I giggled, turning around to face him and everyone came to my side, Carl wrapping his arm around me.

"What's wrong T-Dog? Thought I wasn't that good? They didn't call me Katniss for nothing..."

Everyone busted out laughing at my remark. We probably for once felt somewhat normal.

The roar of a motorcycle engine was enough to stop us in mid laugh.

Daryl.

He came ridding in, hopping off a few feet from us.

"Well?" Rick asked eagerly.

Daryl hung his head for a moment before connecting his gaze with mine, "It's over run. Checked the whole place. Neither Andrea or Blue are there."

I squeezed my eyes shut, letting the tears fall as Carl pulled me into him. She really was gone.

"Well Marigold, I think this is your decision to make. It's either we stay here and do our best to find-"

"We keep moving. We find shelter. It's what Blue would want, what Andrea would want. It's what I want."