Wish

Divine
𝙲𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚠, 𝙲𝚊

-excuse any mistakes.

I sighed as I finished wiping down the last chair in my current job Footlocker.

Footlocker is a pain in my ass, but it keeps my bills paid for my one bedroom apartment.

My name is Divine. My mother told me she named me Divine because I was born just two days after my Aunt Genesis passed away.

I was born and raised in California. Compton to be specific, and aint shit pretty out here but the sunrise and sunsets you feel me ?

I'm a senior and I attend Crenshaw Highschool.

"Shit." I mumbled as I stumbled over a 40 bottle in the parking lot.

I unlocked my 1999 gold Toyota Camry and hopped in throwing my bookbag on the passenger's side.

"No Letting Go" by Wayne Wonder played causing me to grind my hips and turn the radio up.

I turned at the red light and drove up Crenshaw Blvd until I met my apartment complex: Crenshaw Terrace Apartments.

It's ghetto, but boujee ghetto and I could get with that. The inside of the apartments were beautiful, the outside? Not so much.

I hopped out and made sure I grabbed my bookbag before doing so.

"Aye Divine! You must be Divine cause Cupid said you were mine!" Some nigga in all red said as he sat on the stair case with a bunch of other niggas in red.

I ignored them and headed upstairs to my apartment.

As soon as I stepped in I locked the door behind me and pushed a chair up to the handle.

I threw my keys on my little table in the living room and tossed my bookbag lightly on my couch.

I sighed as I walked into my room and grabbed my body towel.

I reached my bathroom and started the bath water. I sat back and thought of how far I've came.

Seventeen with my own apartment. I mean it aint the best, but I could still be living with my narcissistic ass mother who don't give a damn about nobody but herself.

And the thought of that makes me grateful. Of course I still talk to my mother here and there over the phone.

All I know of my father is he's a Blood and chose that life over me and my mother.

So all I really have is me. I stopped the bath water pouring my bath&body soap in watching the bubbles form.

I slipped out of my FootLocker uniform and let the warm water cover my body.

I sat back and thought of how tomorrow's gonna go. I'm a overthinker and I tend to do that shit alot, but whatever. As much as I hate boys, I laid back and thought of Rashaad.

First hour history class. He was the flyest boy there, I love me some Rashaad. What made it better is we sit next to eachother.

Rashaad was so sweet, I love his aura. He was a friend. On a good day atleast.

I really like him, but he don't see girls like me. I mean, he wear Pelle Coats and True Religion jeans, got a mobile phone and a beeper!

I wear nice oversized shirts from the swap meet, yall know I gotta keep some style in there somewhere with my True Religion jeans and Rock Rivivals. Since I work at FootLocker I get access to all the latest shoes!

That still aint cover what he was makin'. He was a hustler and everybody knew it, but that vibrant aura always threw me off.

I tried my best to fight whatever butterflies I had for him because Rashaad was just Rashaad. But damn how I wish he saw me.

*Author's Note: I'd suggest clicking the font adjustments and scrolling down to "Optima" to avoid my "excuse any mistakes." warning to line up with the book format, or simply give you the vibes of reading out of an actual book. It may frustrate some readers to see my warning unevenly so just a heads up!

It may also help to simply contract (-) the font size.

I hope you all are enjoying this book so far as it is my hopes I keep you satisfied while you read along!*