His hands cascaded down from her face and he drew out the phone from his pocket. He held the phone out to her. "It's Abhi," he said, his voice coming out heavier than usual, as he glanced at the phone's screen to confirm his assumption.

Ruhaani blinked. Her heart pounded so hard, that she almost feared something was gravely wrong. In those fugitive moments, she had got everything she had carved for—his softness, his affection.

He had kissed her back! For once, her feelings felt requited. The unfading ache in her heart found a brief relief. The chaotic waves in the ocean of her heart found a shore.

She eyed him prudently as she saw that softness steadily dissipate and his mask of indifference return. She couldn't make sense of anything. It had to mean something to him, right? How could it possibly not?

She nodded, took a deep breath and lifted the call after taking the phone from his hand.

"Hello," She said, her voice sounding raspy, overwhelmed with onslaught of emotion and her recent indulgence in something that quite literally took her breath away.

Aadarsh's gaze hesitantly skirted around before falling on her. It was like a heated beam of a laser. One she couldn't ignore, but also one she couldn't meet.

Ruhaani smiled, her gaze lowered to her fidgeting fingers on her lap, as Abhi sang the birthday song for her on the line. Out of her peripheral vision, she noticed him shift away. Suddenly, the night felt cold again.

"....as soon as it stops raining. Oh, yeah, sure," she spoke into the phone and then held out the phone towards Aadarsh. "He needs to talk to you." She said softly, her eyes meeting his dark ones. A touch of the color of mushy shyness blossomed on her cheeks, as his gaze united with hers. Her breath got caught in her throat.

Aadarsh had had enough time to compose his voice and organize his jumpy thoughts while she was speaking to his brother. "Yes, Abhi." He spoke, his voice devoid of any emotion.

"Okay. Make sure you send him with an umbrella." He had never so desperately wanted a conversation to stretch on longer, as he wanted this one to. Unfortunately, Abhi had ended the call way too quickly.

"He's managed to arrange for a small car that can come through this road to pick us up. He has my location. I have additionally given him instructions to this place. The driver apparently knows this Café. So he should be here in a few minutes."

Ruhaani blinked, while watching him. She tried to make sense of his sudden talking. Aadarsh never gave unasked explanations. He just took care of the non significant stuff and no one needed to know about it. If he had to get something done, he just did it. He didn't tell others how he did or what he did. She nodded slowly, unable to think clearly.

"I will go clear the bill." He informed, his raven eyes cautiously meeting hers. He slowly got up and left to go inside.

Ruhaani took an audible long breath, once he disappeared. She ran her fingers through her hair and tucked them behind her ear. His touch still lingered on her skin and lips. Her gaze fell upon his snug coat. She slowly reached out to it and covered herself with it. She turned away to the darkness, her eyes slowly closing to relive that moment.

A tear escaped her eye. Her heart felt so full. She had never thought she'd be in a place so beautiful. She had never thought she'd be in love. She'd never thought Aadarsh would kiss her back and that too with so much tenderness. Her life had turned around since she met him, for the good. It felt like a dream. She was scared it would all end, and she'd wake up to find that it was all in her head.

She had never thought that one day, her reality would be so beautiful that she would be afraid it was all a dream.

His fingers touching her skin. His lips moving softly against hers. His hands holding her so delicately. His beautiful smile. His gentle kiss on her cheek.