30 | responsibility

Apologies  for delay. Had a very blue Monday!

*

Chapter 30 : Responsibility

His morning voice. His firm touch. His warm breath. His soft lips. His intoxicating closeness. His eyes gleaming with wicked desire. All of that was there in one second with all force and then gone, none at all.

She was about to feel it. Feel his fingers on the most sensitive part of her being. Find out just how much pleasure his mere touch could bring. Just as her anticipation arrived at its peak, her hyper sensitive senses broke her out of her dream.

She jerked up and sat with a gasp, breathing harder than usual. She looked aside at the bed. The pillow was exactly where it had been placed last night. The other side of the mattress empty, lacking the man who was now messing with her dreams.

It hadn't happened ever before. Never. She had never thought it could even be real. How could one possibly dream of it? She had always thought wet dreams were wicked plot twist tactics that writers used to their advantage.

"Morning!" she heard that same voice from dream. Only that it was very real now. It didn't have the morning roughness or the rumble that changed the frequency at which her heart was beating. It was plain. Her eyes widened in realization. He was in the room. She just hoped whatever was in her dream stayed there, she hoped she hadn't said anything aloud.

She slowly turned her head towards his side of the bed and looked beyond it. At the far end of the room he sat behind the desk.

"Had a bad dream?" He asked, looking up from his laptop.

Ruhaani gulped mortified.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his look turned suspicious.

"Yes, bad dream." She uttered quickly, her gaze lowering to the pillow. "I should not be having bad dreams."

"Do you get them often?"

"No!" She almost shouted. "It was my first." Her eyes could barely focus, they kept darting about. She couldn't even meet his eyes.

Aadarsh stared at her. It was unusual. She never slept in. He assumed it was because of sleeping late and the exhaustion—from the drinking, dancing, talking last night— that she was sleeping in.

Ruhaani got off the bed. She quickly tied up her hair in a bun and folded the duvet. She then arranged the pillows and tidied the bed. She couldn't stop thinking about her morning dream. It featured Aadarsh in it. A very drool-worthy version of him.

"Did I say something?" She asked suddenly looking up at him from across the room.

He looked up from his screen, confused for a moment. "No. Just... you seemed out of breath and made some weird noise. Are you sure, you're okay?"

Ruhaani mentally cursed herself. "Actually, I was running in the dream. Maybe be that's why I was out of breath."

"Running from?"

"You." She closed her eyes, thinned her lips and opened her eyes again. Stupid, stupid her. Why did she have to be so barmy about it? Why was she explaining herself?

Aadarsh stared at her amused. "You were running from me?"

"Yeah, whatever," She mumbled, not answering him.

"why?"

She chose to ignore him and made her way towards the bathroom. Aadarsh shook his head, "crazy woman", he muttered going back to the draft of the reply to the notice they had been served.

Better Togetherजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें