21.

"So what are you bringing?" Billie spun around in her chair to face me with her signature manspread. She leaned a little forward letting her elbows rest on both legs that held her head up. She looked around in her room for a moment as we waited on her decisions.

"I'll just take some of my clothes, jewelry and some of my blankets" She looked down at her shoes for a moment. "And some of my shoes" I use my hands to get off her bed then grab a box. I tossed her a box that landed in front of her.

"You better start helping me" Her perfect smile joined her face once again while she stood. She directed me the certain things she wanted and before you know it we were done with her packing. Her room was still pretty full but she wanted to keep her things still here.

She takes her hoodie off leaving her in a tight, white tanktop that showed everything. I guess i stared to long.

"Hey mama, you like what you see?" She turns to me leaning on her bed frame. Billies' eyes made me stunned as she looked at me. The red lights not helping the case at all while she did so too.

"Yes i do" I gave her a sly smile then continue helping her bring the boxes out to finneas' car. He agreed to help us out if he gets to see marble.

"I loved having you over! Come anytime hun!" Maggie gave us all hugs while we headed out to our cars.

"So i live with you now huh" Billie nudged my shoulder a little bit playfully as we walk to her car.

"I guess you are stuck with me aren't you" I ruffle her blue hair before running to finneas' car. Billie fixed her hair before she got into her car and soon finneas followed behind her.

"Woah woah." We pull up to my door being slammed open and windows shattered across the grass and probably on the inside. I jumped out of the car even before finneas was able to stop all the way and ran inside.

"Marble!" I scream down the hallways while i ran to find him. I ran upstairs to find my bedroom destroyed but didn't care. I need to find him.

"Marble!" I yell again. I don't hear his little paws running toward me like he usually does.  I run to my office which wasn't touched for some reason. I find marble curled up in a ball under my desk. I go to touch him but he hissed at me.

"Astrid?" I hear finneas and billie yell. I pop my head up to see them both standing in the doorway looking concerned.

"Go get the cat carrier in the basement" Billie ran off while finneas pulled his phone out. I was to busy to notice that police officers were coming into my house while i was focused on Marble. I get him into his crate with one of his favorite blankets.

"I can't talk to them right now i need to go help my baby" I inform finneas as i squeeze past him. I run outside and headed straight to my car.

Billie's pov

"Where did astrid go?" I make my way toward finneas. He looks down at me after he finished talking to the officer.

"She took marble to the vet i think. Do you know who could have done this?" Finneas' asks in concern.

Brody.

"Yeah i do." Soon there was a police officer talking to me about brody and all the experiences i've had with him. After a few hours of everything and talking to people me and finneas try to fix things around to the amount i remember.

"Let's get these windows taped up for the night, i'll get some new ones to replace it for tomorrow" I get on the phone with some people to replace the windows by tomorrow so the plastic windows wont be a problem.

"I got trash bags and found duck tape" Finneas walked in with the supplies in his hands. We get astrids windows taped shut so nothing gets inside for when she gets home. "I'll call Claudia to come over for the night, we can all sleep here if that's okay with you and astrid" Finneas brought the idea.

"I'll call astrid to make sure that's okay" I pull my phone out going through my contacts to find hers. I click her name then wait for her to pick up shortly after.

"Hey is it okay if claudia and finneas stay the night here" I asked her on the phone. It sounds like she was crying through the phone.

"yeah...that's okay" Her voice cracked with every word.

"How is marble doing?" I looked at finneas then walked to the kitchen for some privacy.

"He's in surgery right now. They said both his two back legs were broken and one might have to be amputated" I felt pure anger fill my whole body. It was brody. I fucking KNOW it was. I heard astrid cry through the phone.

"Why don't you come back home. He has to stay overnight anyway right?" I leaned against the busted counter with things thrown all over it.

"He does, i just want to make sure he's okay first. They told me it would take a an hour or two for the full thing plus, i'm not fit to drive right now with how much crying ive been doing" Astrid chuckled a little bit. It went silent for a few moments.

"i'll come get you" I walked to the door but didn't go outside. The door is still technically on the floor.

"It'll be another hour or so"

"I'll still come get you. Well it would technically be ubering to you but i'll drive your car here" Her laugh echoed in the phone while i talked my nonsense as usual.

"Okay bil, i'll see you soon then" Sometimes you can just feel the person you're talking to have a smile on their face and this is one of the times. I smile to the phone too hearing her voice still. " can get some takeout on the way back or something too. I'm pretty hungry"

"We will get some food on the way back i promise love" I look over at finneas who is sitting on the sofa smiling over towards me.

"Good, i'll see you in a few. I love you"

"I love you too" The red dot was hit and the screen turned off leaving me to look at finneas. "Don't say it" I point my finger at him. Finneas' smile got bigger as he knew what i was talking about.

"you are SOOO in love with her"

"Shut up fin!" I punch his arm pretty hard. He rubs the spot that was hit.

"You do! There's nothing wrong with it" He gets up and ruffles my blue hair.

"I have to go get astrid so i'll be back but before i do that we have to put the door back on" I point to the door that's still laying on the floor.

We both laugh and soon the door is somewhat back on, at least until tomorrow. I called an uber  to pick up astrid.

∆••∆••∆••∆••∆••∆••∆••∆••∆

I'm wanna thank you all for getting my book over 10k reads 🤗🫶🏻

Only two chapters left guys 🥲