━━━━━━━━━━✁┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

   Gasping, the skeleton rocketed upwards, only to lean over and cough hysterically. Taking a deep breath in, he wiped at his mouth with the back of his tattered glove. With narrowed eyes, he took a moment to glance around. The tips of his phalanges burned, which he chose to ignore.

   Warily, he opened his wings slowly, wincing from the ache in them. It sucked when he landed on his back and his wings weren't folded. With a hefty sigh, he forced himself to stand, his antennae twitching.

   He took note that there was a lack of people around, or well a lack of anything really. Stepping back, he turned in a few circles, feeling uneasy due to the empty space. It felt wrong here.

   His permanent smile twitched at the edges, threatening a frown. The feeling of detachment swelled in his chest which sent alarm bells off in his head. There was a lack of bravery in the air which had the tendency to shroud the environment like a comforting weighted blanket. The sudden disappearance of it made dread crawl up his spine.

   He called out for you.

   He called your name.

   His soul reached out, trying to find that spark of warmth.

   He found nothing.

   Tendrils of anxiety and panic squeezed his soul.

   Wings shuddering with fear and worry at the idea of something horrible happening to his friend, his eye instinctively flared.

   Nerves frayed, he quickly spun and raised a hand warningly, his wings fluffing out as a threat, towards the person who attempted to sneak up on him. The stranger would've gotten away with it if they didn't take a particularly loud step. He didn't grab their soul, the hand was just a threat to do so.

   Another skeleton stood there, blinking at him curiously. Hands raised in a motion of surrender, their pinpricks softened around the edges. A warm smile curled into their features.

"Please, do not be afraid. I mean no harm."

Sans narrowed his eyes.

"You must be lost, aren't you? I feel that you are confused and anxious, but I promise I only wish to help."

Slowly lowering their gloved hands, they rested one on their own chest.

"My name is Dream, it's a pleasure to meet you."

Studying the yellow-clad skeleton, Sans lowered his own hand, his wings fluttering into a less tense state. With a blink, a relaxed expression overtook his face as if he wasn't wary at all.

"heh, funny. the name's sans. sans the skeleton."

   With a gloved hand, the winged skeleton scratched lightly at his cheek, small dust particles chipping away at the action.

   "you kinda look like me."

   The other's smile softened into a grin, even if it was obvious Sans wasn't as relaxed as he tried to appear as.