Chapter 22

I failed.

I carried her injured and battered body out the temple. The sun was rising. Crying, Shinobu was sad.

Sadness...

An emotion I felt before. When I was...

6?

+-|-+

It was a nice morning. I was in a garden. The garden was beautiful, with red blooming flowers everywhere. There was a river, a bridge and rocks.

Walking on the bridge, I heard someone call for me.

However, I could not remember who was calling me...

A girl perhaps?

"Father's dead!" she cried as I stood still on the bridge. Tears formed in my eyes as I looked skywards. Rapidly blinking, I embraced the girl. The tears leaked from my eyes like a leaky faucet...

+-|-+

The memory came back within one second before another emotion came over me like a tidal wave. My body moved for me. I walked away from the 2 siblings as my vision slowly turned into shades of red and black.

If only I had arrived earlier...

If only I had been faster...

If only I had been stronger...

If only...

I died instead of her. 

The siblings will be happier

No one would bother that you were gone

You are weak

   You are a freak                            

               You should have died when you entered the dark forest

                                                  You should never run away

'Don't listen to the voices (Y/N)!' Harumi shouted.

'Fight back, please.' Akira whispered.

'Don't die.'Kaede mumbled.

'We'll support you and give you our wisdom and strength.' Atsushi encouraged me.

'Sadly, I agree with Harumi.' Tomoko muttered.

Waking up in my room in a blood stained Demon Slayer Corps uniform, I massaged my head. Recalling what had happened, I whispered, "Thank you, Harumi, Akira, Kaede, Atsushi and Tomoko..."

Then, I remembered. 

After I left, what happened to Shinobu and Kanae?