Chapter 1 (POV: (Y/N) )

NOTE:

This happens before Kanae became Hashira so (Y/N) will have some encounters with Sabito and Giyuu. This also will change some parts of storyline like me making random demons and some random twelve kizuki

I ran and ran. Hearing the shouts and screams from the man, I quickened my pace and ran into a cave. As I ran deeper, I realised I was in a lush cave.

My mother sold me for money. When I was brought to her new home, a man forced to clean, do chores and more. If I didn't do them perfectly, the man would hit my and abuse me. One day, I was ordered to tidy the garden. I took it as the golden opportunity. Secretly, I packed my books and some food and water to a small bag. I snuck the bag out into the garden and ran into the nearby forest.

The man realised and ordered some of his henchman to find me. Luckily, I found a lush cave blooming with plants, mushrooms, berry bushes, trees and flowers. There was even a small waterfall and lake. There were a few glowing leaves, flowers and mushrooms for me to see. I decided to settle down at the foot of an old oak tree. Due to my tiredness, I fell asleep at the foot of the tree.

When I woke up, I slowly crept out of the cave. Realising it was night, I was about to make her way back when she heard weird growling noises. Quickly, I turned and saw a creature.

"My oh my! What are you doing here little one?" she asked. I noticed she had two purple horns jutting out from her head, a tail instead of legs, 3 pairs of torn black wings and a scorpion tail at the back.

"D...De...Dem..." I stuttered.

"Hm?"

"Dem...Demon! DEMON!"I screamed as I ran like lightning into her cave. Unfortunately, the demon caught up.

"You'll make a nice meal-"

She was speaking halfway before her head got caught off and landed in my laps. She screamed before watching the head dissolve into thin air.

"Are you alright little girl?" a voice questioned.

I looked up and saw a woman with long black hair, butterfly hair clips, a beautiful haori and a katana at her hip. Behind her was a woman with black-purple hair in a ponytail, a plain haori and a similar katana at her hip.

"Y...Ye...Yes. Please don't hurt me!" I pleaded as I begged.

"We're not going to hurt you! What's your name?"

"(L/N)...(Y/N)..."

"I'm Kanae, my sister, the girl behind, is Shinobu. Want to come with us?"

"Ye...Yes...Can I get my items first?"

"Sure (Y/N)-chan!"

I quickly packed her belongings and followed the sisters. On the way to who knows where, they met demons but the sister killed them with ease. Soon, the three reached the Butterfly Mansion.

"Welcome to the Butterfly Mansion! Your new home!" Kanae exclaimed. I gasped.

The mansion was amazing, with a beautiful and spacious backyard, and many rooms with beds.

"I...Is this...like a hos...hospital?" I asked.

"It is (Y/N)-chan! We help injured demon slayers." Kanae responded.

"De...Demon Slayers? Like you who slayed the ugly creatures in the forest?"

"Yup! Now, Shinobu, go show (Y/N)-chan a nice room for her."

Shinobu nodded and brought me to a nice spacious room with a desk, 2 bookshelves and a nice bed.

"Thank you Shinobu-san!" I thanked her and Shinobu smiled and turned to leave.

"Wait!" I said, tugging on her haori.

"C...Can I...train to be a demon slayer?"

"Sure!"