Chapter 34

(HOW IN THE WORLD HAS THIS BOOK HAVE ALMOST 5K READS!?)

Planting the seeds, I took care of them. I planned to spend more time taking care of them.

However, life forbids me to do so.

The Master got even sicker so Shinobu and I had to take care of him. I had to manage three things, my plant, the master and my career. 

Managing all of this was...

challenging.

I rarely slept. If I did, only 3 to 4 hours. Sometimes, in the middle of the day, I'll faint and sleep for the day or two.

The Master notice my eye bags and my schedule and he allowed me to take a two week break to rest.

Gladly, I thanked him and went back home to sleep.

When I was well-rested, it was already lunch time. I ate sushi and decided to take a hike inn the forest.

Packing up, I found a nice spruce forest for the hike as I brushed dust off my clothes, which I bought from some traders recently because I had a lot of money to spend.

The smell of nature enveloped me as I walked around aimlessly. To be safe, I marked out the places I have been so if I ever get lost, I'll have a higher chance of going back safely.

Butterflies flew around as bees tried to get nectar from flowers. Birds talked with one another and flew around gracefully while squirrels buried nuts. Flowers of different shapes, sizes and colour blossomed here and there. Vines creeped up the tall spruce trees as they towered over everything.

Sitting down on a tree stump, I looked around to realise nature never really changed, it only grew older and older. Patting my katana, I ate some more sushi and drank some green tea.

Night fell and my hike was over. When I was back home, the seeds I placed germinated. I saw the tiny leaves and thought that they would grow bigger each day. After getting a bit more comfortable, I slept.