Chapter 26

"I work as a...samurai."

"A samurai! What do you do?" Takeo asked excitedly.

Bombarded with questions, I tried to respond to them and Kie came to my rescue.

"Children! Don't you see she's a bit stressed from this? Please stop, ok?"

I do not feel stressed, Kie.

"I want to be a samurai when I grow up!" Tanjiro exclaimed.

"Same!" Takeo chirped.

Time flew by and it was night. "I don't sleep, if you hear any noise, don't bother about it. I'll take care of it." I told them.

Sitting outside, in the snow, a memory drifted into my head.

+-|-+

Walking past a house, I overheard a conversation.

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"

I heard children shouting answer and in my mind, I thought:

I want to be kind

      I want to be someone who helps others in need

         I want to be strong too

+-|-+

Hearing noises, footsteps, to be exact, I snapped my head to look at the direction.

There, an ugly-

No

Hideous demon-

No

There, the ugliest of the ugliest of the ugliest of the ugliest of the ugliest of the ugliest demons approached me (refer to above pic).

"A beautiful sight I see, a delicious meal near the tree, for free, awaiting for me." She spoke in rhymes.

Rolling my eyes, I said, "Do you know what I call a female demon with grey, wrinkled skin, bad hair, almost bald and bad choice of clothing? I call her single."

Hissing, she lunged at me but I easily dodged it.

"How dare you insult my beauty that was a result of the root tea my parents drink everyday!" She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Well, I bet that when you were born, since they drank so much root tea, the doctor hit you twice because he did not know which side was which."

She tried to kick and punch me but I avoided them with ease. "You are so ugly that when you went to a funeral, the corpse got up and walked away." I said as I unsheathed my katana.

Zodiac Breathing, 6th form, Virgo

And she disappeared into ashes.

"Wow!"

Turning my head, I saw the Kamado family watching me. I thought they had watched the whole fight.

"Looks like I have a lot of explaining to do." I said as I ushered them back into their home.