Certain Insurgency

Începe de la început

"A deserved accolade... Knight Kirito." I tapped the flat side of the blade on each of his shoulders. 

He looked up and smiled as the others broke out in subtle applause. He stood to his feet and held his hand out to me for a shake.

"It's a tremendous honor." Kirito knew this would further his position as the games best swordsman. 

"Wear it with pride, Black Knight." I smiled and shook his hand before returning my sword to my back.

"Black Knight?" Liz was confused, as I had just called him Knight Kirito.

"A proper title for it's bearer." I winked at Kirito. 

"It suits me well." He approved. 

"So, what's the plan for today?" Leafa looked to me and everyone else followed her gaze.

"I was actually thinking we sail some more today." I proposed. 

"Really?!" Silica was ecstatic.

"Any particular reason?" Kirito wondered.

"Last excursion brought us fortune, right? Why not double down?" I again suggested. 

"Last time we also encountered Oberon." Kirito stated sternly. 

A silence temporarily filled the quarters. 

"I'll deal with him." I assured.

"It's not about him being dealt with, it's about the torment he causes." Kirito told it how it was.

I stayed silent for a moment. I couldn't deny that. 

"Then wouldn't coming along be a conflict of interest?" I surmised. 

"It's ok, Kirito." Asuna calmed him down before he could get more riled up. "I can handle it." She explained.

"I can't ask you to do that." I shook my head. 

"You don't have to." Asuna approached me and softly placed her hand on my cheek. 

I hesitated at first and flinched ever so slightly, but froze when my eyes fell into hers. She simply smiled and calmly walked out of the quarters to the outside. 

"Asuna!" Kirito went to follow her.

"What was that about?" Sinon noticed.

"I think she's still processing it." Leafa concluded.

"What, the fact that Oberon isn't technically dead?" Liz spoke out of turn.

"No, I think it's more than that." I looked to the doors again.

"What do you mean?" Leafa asked.

"I think it's the fact that Oberon is UNdead."

The heavy splash of the vessel rising and falling on each passing wave filled the air as cawing seagulls passed overhead. We were back on the Leviathan again, sailing once more in the direction of our fresh discovered islands. Pluto squawked as he sat on the little railing in front of my wheel. I gave him a little scratch on his head and we both looked ahead to the shining seas.

"Are we headed back to your island, Captain?" Sinon asked. 

"Negative. We're pushing further this time." I relayed to the crew.

"Further?" Sinon tilted her head.

"I thought this was further." Liz pointed out. 

"Not far enough." I doubled down.