Chapter 1

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AN: ALL RIGHTS OF THIS STORY ARE RESERVED TO RICK RIORDAN AND J.K ROWLING. I ONLY OWN TH PLOT AND MY OWN CHARACTERS. HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY. THIS IS MY FIRST WATTPAD STORY, BUT I HAVE BEEN WRITING MY OWN STORY FOR A WHILE SO CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS WELCOME AND FEEDBACK. THANK YOU ALL AND ENJOY THE STORY!!! 

Okay I've decided to change the timing of this story. Originally it was after HOH but now I read TOA and can I just say AMAZING!!!! If you haven't read it yet, you're missing out on a work of art! I haven't laughed that hard since Percy narrated. I know Annabeth is supposed to be in Boston during TOA but for stories sake let's say this happens a few months after the battle at camp. Percy's sister is already born. 

Chapter 1

The Break In

"Yay blue cookies!" Percy screamed, his face pressed up against the van's window.

           They were just around the corner from mom's apartment and he could taste her famous blue cookies in the air. Percy wished the pedestrians would hurry up! It had only been a few hours since he last saw her, and yet, it felt like a year had passed.

Plus she had promised him cookies if he returned safely and didn't go gallivanting off on another dangerous quest.  He couldn't wait to be enveloped in that warm hug she only reserved for her baby boy . . . and baby Estelle. Gods, he couldn't believe he was a big brother. Being a demigod, life took certain unexpected twists and turns. It was a miracle he lived to his seventeenth birthday, let alone see his baby sister's first crawl . . . who he was proud to say was as normal as could be. Thank you very much.

Mom would scold him first . . . and tell him how worried sick she had been (For good reason too) then she'll drag him in demanding to know all the gruesome details, readying a batch of her delicious cookies – Paul standing to the side awkwardly, but happy all the same. Percy worried if the crowd of Pedestrians did not get a move on he would go ballistic and charge through them with Riptide in hand. He didn't care if the police came after him as long as he got to see his mom.

Annabeth chucked beside him. "Is that all you can think about?" she asked incredulously. "Your stomach?"

"Hey!" Percy protested, turning away from the window and facing his girlfriend. "You will too if you had mom's cookies" He stuck his tongue out at her playfully. "Besides, I don't only think about food" he winked at her. She shook her head in disbelief.

Nico slouched in his seat, an amused smile playing at his lips. Begrudgingly Will Solace, son of Apollo, had allowed Nico Di Angelo to hitch a ride back to Percy's house. It was for the cookies, no doubt. Unlike the other demigods, Nico had got his fair share of blue cookies through his shadow-travel visits. Mom even said she wouldn't mind adopting Nico; he reminded her of an old friend of hers. Nico's dark eyes glinted with apprehension, and drooped with exhaustion. If anyone deserved a break it was Nico. He had lugged the Athena Parthenos all across the world and had to handle Will Solace's paranoid doctor ways . . . which was quite amusing. Percy thought it was high time they all got a well-deserved break. Gaea was finally asleep, hopefully for good.

"If I had a mom like Sally I would be looking forward to seeing her, not the cookies" Annabeth said indulgently. In all honesty Percy was looking forward to seeing mom, even more than tasting the cookies. She had always been there for him . . . and he knew he was not a piece of cake. The van began to slow down. "You are such a . . ." Percy silenced her with a heartfelt kiss. Every kiss felt like the first and last – magical and full of longing. Percy never knew when the gods were going to disrupt their illusion of peace.