Aemma Targaryen (9 years old

                                                Aemma Targaryen (9 years old.)

                                                 Jaehaerys Targaryen (13 years old

                                                 Jaehaerys Targaryen (13 years old.)

Aemond saw Aemma hit the ground and had to cover his mouth so she would not see him smile. The girl might be small, but she was scary, her and that dragon of hers. Aemond could see why his niece had been able to tame the cannibal, she was fearless, too fearless sometimes. He felt bad for her parents every time she did one of her antics, like the time she opened a hole in Jaehaerys's mattress and put horse shit in it. It had taken the staff over a week to figure out where the smell was coming from. Aegon and Helaena had thought it hilarious, his mother had not been so amused. Aemma slammed one of her fists against the ground and glared at Jaehaerys, who just smirked at her. Aemond saw Aegon approach their niece shaking his head.
"You are trying to match him in strength, which will make you lose. He is bigger and stronger than you are." Aegon moved closer to her and whispered so Jaehaerys would not be able to hear. "But you are quicker, so when he comes at you again all you need to do is move out of the way and hit him low."
"Should you be helping me beat your son?" Aemma looked at Aegon with suspicion, making Aemond smile. Jaehaerys was looking at them with narrowed eyes since he could not hear what was being said. "I do not know if I should trust you."
"You wound me, I am one of the most trustworthy people you will ever meet." Aemma rolled her eyes and Aemond did laugh out loud this time. Aegon smiled at their nice. "Fine, I made a bet with your uncle Aemond. I said you could beat Jaehaerys and he said you would not because you are too impatient. You need to prove him wrong and help me get some coins out of him."
"How much was the bet?" Aemma looked between them. "I should know if I am to win the coins for you."
"Four gold dragons." Aemma's eyes widened and Aegon gave her a pat on the head. "So you need to help me win."
"Fine." The little girl narrowed her eyes at Aegon. "But I want half. Since I am the one that is actually doing the work."
"What? I cannot believe you would try to extort money from me. Aemond snorted, while poor Jaehaerys was looking even more annoyed. "Fine, I will pay you half."
Aemma turned towards Jaehaerys and once they were in position Aemond gave the order for them to start. Jaehaerys moved fast and attempted to strike, but Aemma was faster, moving out of the way and hitting him in the stomach. Jaehaerys stumbled and almost fell, but was able to righten himself at the last moment. Jaehaerys turned back towards Aemma, but before he could do anything, the little girl was on him, she kicked him in the legs and was able to take his training sword away. Aegon and Aemond clapped, while Aemma bowed mockingly to them.
"What did you say to her?" Jaehaerys glared at his father, who gave the boy an innocent look. "She did not fight like that the first time."
"He sold you out for four gold dragons," Aemma smirked at Jaehaerys and then helped him stand up. "Well, two, since I told him he would have to give me half if I was to beat you."
"You sold me for two gold dragons?" Jaehaerys shook his head. "Your own son?"
"Not just for two gold dragons." Aegon glared mockingly at his son. "You also ate my dessert last night."
"Mother said I could have it," Jaehaerys smirked at Aegon and started at his belly. "Also you do not need any desserts, you are getting fat."
Aegon's mouth dropped open while Aemond and Aemma burst out laughing. Then Aegon took off after Jaehaerys who was running and laughing hysterically. Aemond shook his head, happy to see the changes in his brother. It had taken over seven moons for them to actually speak to each other after the beating Aemond had given him. Aemond had never apologized and he did not intend to, but he was happy their relationship was able to be salvaged. Rhaenyra had been a big help with Aegon's change, she even had talked to their father to spend more time with his sons and other daughter. Their uncle Daemon had also helped. Aemond thought Daemon would kill Aegon the first time he saw them train, but Aegon had gone through everything Daemon had pulled him through and he had become better. His drinking problem had also gotten better and he was a better husband and father. Aegon helped Jaehaerys train most days and would try to spend time with his daughter. Things with Jaehaera were a little more complicated since she was very shy and preferred to spend most of her time reading. Jaehaera could be found with Visenya most of the time, the two girls were really close in age, with Jaehaera being just a year older. The two girls would read together and Jaehaera would be braiding flowers in Visenya's hair while the other girl read a story out loud.
"Aemond!" Among let out a sigh. The only person that was not happy with how things were was his mother. She did not care that Aegon was better or that he was happier, all she could see was the control she used to have over her children was slipping away. "We need to speak."
Aemond smiled at Aemma and nodded for her to leave. There was no need for the poor girl to be exposed to his mother's poison. His mother hated all of Rhaenyra's children, especially Deirys and Aemma.
"Yes, mother." Aemond looked at his mother with a gentle expression, he knew she was suffering and felt bad for her. "How can I be of assistance?"
"You need to help me." She grabbed one of his hands, looking at him with pleading eyes. "We have to get your grandsire out of the black cells. He cannot stay the for much longer or he will die."
"Mother." Aemond let out a sigh, he felt for his mother, but she could not be that blind. "You know that he will die anyways once he is found guilty of treason."
"How can you say that? He is your grandsire."
"Yes, and he is the reason why we were almost killed and your grandchildren were terrified." This time he glared at her. "Did you forget that thanks to him Jaehaera was held with a knife to her throat? They threatened to kill her if we did not comply. How can you defend the man responsible for that?"
"We do not know that h..."
"Yes, we do." Aemond wanted to shake his mother. Why was she so blind? Did she truly not see the snake she was living with? "He is a traitor and he will not be leaving the black cells until his trial. Do not ask me to help you."
Aemond started to walk away, he did not want to fight with his mother. He was tired of justifying himself to her.
"This is all her fault." He should have known she would follow him. His mother did not know when to leave things alone. He continued walking until she opened her mouth once more. "Is all thanks to Deirys. That little whore planned it all."
"Do not." Aemond turned around, his eyes narrowed. "Do not speak about her that way."
"It is the truth." Alicent walked closer to him, her mouth set in a hard line. "That little whore has poisoned you against your own family. She is the one who has ruined our lives."
"I am warning you, mother."
"You do not see it. What has she done to you?"
"She has done nothing." That was not strictly true, she made him feel like he was bursting out of his skin. When he saw her for the first time after four years his mind had gone blank and he had forgotten that he was tied up and some idiot was threatening to kill him. He shook his head. "She did what she needed to do, to protect herself and all of us."
"She does not even follow the seven. She does not act like a pious woman. Have you seen the way she dresses?" Oh, he had noticed. Everyone had noticed. Deirys dressed in the fashion of Old Valyria, which meant her dresses were tight and highlighted her body to distraction. Some of them had necklines so low they went all the way down to her small waist, leaving a lot of cleavage gloriously displayed. His body reacted in a way he had not been completely comfortable with. He was used to having full control of his body, which is why he had attempted to stay away from her those few days after she returned. He should have known better, his little treasure was not one to be ignored, she had followed him and he had almost kissed her, if not for her father arriving he would have. Daemon had threatened him with several different forms of bodily harm, not that Aemond cared. Then he had found her at that pleasure house and for a moment he had been furious, thinking about her safety. And then she had opened her gorgeous mouth and started talking about fucking other men and he had lost it. Once he kissed her, he had been done for. He had never felt half the pleasure when fucking other women that he felt from just kissing his niece. His mother's voice snapped him out of his thoughts. "We need to do something about her Aemond, we need to convince your father to send her away. She cannot be allowed to destroy our family."
"She is not the one destroying our family." His mother could see everyone's faults, but never her own. "Let me make something very clear, Mother. Deirys is untouchable. She is not to be hurt."
"I will do whatever I need to make sure my father is safe."
"Is not her fault Otto is in the black cells, is his own. He has schemed and lied to get his blood on the throne. He is the one that has betrayed his king and his own family over and over again. Do not blame others because your father is a cunt who only cares about power."
This time he saw the hit coming and grabbed her arm before she could make contact. Aemond glared at her until she flinched. She attempted to get out of his hold but Aemond would not let her. He tightened his grip on her, not enough to hurt, but tight enough that she was aware that she would not be leaving until he allowed it.
"Let me make something clear for you." He saw her flinch but did not stop. "If you do anything that endangers Deirys, or have someone do something to her, I will go down to the black cells and tear Otto apart, piece by piece. I will then put his head by the city gates so everyone knows what happens to traitors. Do not test me, mother. You will not like my reaction."
He dropped her hand, turned around, and walked away. He had craved his mother's love for so long, that sometimes it was hard to separate the boy he had been from the man he was now. Then he had understood that his mother's love came with conditions. She never gave anything for free. She expected total obedience. Aemond thought that was normal until he saw the way Rhaenyra and Daemon acted with their children. Rhaenyra gave everything to her children and did not expect anything in return. She always made sure to spend time with them and they all knew they were loved. He had never seen any of his nieces or nephews afraid that their parents would hit them.
Then there was Deirys, his little treasure. She loved him unconditionally, she always had. He had expected things to change as she grew, especially because she had been away for four years, but things had never changed. Aemond had been shocked when she confessed she had kept the arrest of his grandsire a secret from him so he would not fight with his mother. She had also refused to stop protecting him. Deirys was his and he would burn the entire seven kingdoms down before he allowed anyone to keep them apart.