Chapter 4

"Why are you both just sitting there? Go ahead and eat

"Why are you both just sitting there? Go ahead and eat."
____________________________

"What are these filthy little bugs doing in my palace?" The dull but enchanting voice of the emperor, Claude de Alger Obelia asked as he stood right in front of the two scared princesses.

Even though she was scared, when Alethea's eyes made contact with him, she was once again starstruck, just like the night she had first met him years ago. 'He looks like a god,' She marveled as the light reflected off his golden hair, giving him a halo.

'Now is not the time for you to be fawning all over him.' Athanasia snapped as she stood in front of her sister as their father loomed over them with his knight behind him.

Before anything else could be said, one of Athanasia's bags fell, spilling the jewels everywhere.

'We're going to die again.' Alethea cried as both the knight and their father watched as the jewels scattered by their feet. She hoped in her next life, she was reincarnated as a bunny then maybe she could have a peaceful life.

'Oh please, you'll be fine,' the older of the two choked out, 'He'll love you. Me on the other hand, well this is probably my end.'

'Do you really think I'll have enough time to charm him before he decides to kill us? The only reason he was curious about the original Alethea was because she was a saintess and over time he came to love her and if you haven't noticed, I'm not a saintess yet so he has no reason to be interested in me.' The golden blonde girl informed her older sister as she hugged herself and her heart tried to break out of its cage, begging to be let go. Her lips quiver as she resisted her body's want to cry, 'I guess if I was going to die next to anyone, I'm happy it's you.'

'Don't you think you're giving up to easily, we could always try t-'

"-Those faces, I've seen them before." Claude unknowingly interrupted as he studied the twins' faces, "Yes... Was it that dancer... The one from Siodonna? Yes, you at least look like that wrench" He muttered as he moved closer and his eyes swept past Athanasia, who still stood protectively in front of her sister, to Alethea. He was quick to notice how she looked more like his own mother and him rather than the dancer who had birthed her. 'She looks quite frail.' He noted with no particular emotions.

'What's this guy doing here? I'm only five years old not nine!' Athanasia panicked, 'And while you two were supposed to meet soon, I wasn't supposed to be here.'

'It's probably because we're not supposed to be here. He mentioned this was his palace and in the original novels, there was no mention of the two princesses ever having entered his palace.' Alethea explained as quickly as she could, 'By being here now, we've changed the course of the novels and that's why we're meeting him so early on.'

'Oh, crap.'

"Then again it doesn't matter who you both came from." He mused as he reached his hand out towards the princesses as if to grab them.