Nineteen

Author's note: Highly recommend you listen to 우연과 운명 사이 as you read this :) 

-- 

The double doors swung open, revealing the most beautiful suite Sejeong had ever seen in her life. The sun had already set, but through the balcony, she could see the Eiffel Tower lit up from afar. A bottle of champagne sat on the coffee table, along with a handwritten card, welcoming the both of them on their arrival. Next to it was a fresh bouquet of baby's breath in a crystal vase.

Sejeong bent down to smell the flowers, "Stunning, just like everything else."

"Me included?"

She turned around to look at him, "Fine, I'll give you that," she winked at him.

Hyoseop tossed his carry-on bag to the couch and approached her, snaking an arm around her waist, "Welcome back to Paris, jagiya." With that, he leaned down ever so gently to join their lips together.

Sejeong smiled against the kiss, circling her arms around his neck. When they eventually pulled away, she placed her hands on his shoulders, "I'm so glad I'm here with you, I wouldn't have it any other way."

He kissed the tip of her nose, "Should we open the bottle of champagne now, or after dinner?"

"After dinner, I want to explore!"

He smiled, "Okay, what she wants, she gets."

"Words to live by."

...

There was something about strolling through a crowded street in the winter, Christmas decorations hanging left and right, with different Christmas trees decorating the shop windows. Sejeong had been here before, but never during the festive season, and she loved the magic of it all. There was a sense of excitement in the air, and it made her feel like a child again, waiting for Santa to arrive.

The sights were beautiful, but to Hyoseop, nothing could top how beautiful she looked. He couldn't take his eyes off her, everything about her made his heart swell with happiness. She chatted away, commenting on something new around every corner, never taking her hand out of his. He thought about their life together, and how he couldn't imagine having it any other way. He loved her innocence, and how she could see the magic in the little things.

"Oppa?"

He shook himself out of his daydream, "Oh?"

Sejeong giggled, "Am I boring you?"

"You could never," he squeezed her hand, "what's up?"

She pointed over to the restaurant, "I think we're here."

Hyoseop looked over to his left, there was a long queue out the door, and many of the patrons were couples just like the two of them. He could smell the delicious scent of food, butter definitely used as the main ingredient. To top it all off was a couple outside the front door, the woman serenading guests through an opera song, while her partner played the violin.

"There's so many people, I'm glad you made a reservation!" Sejeong said to him.

"You're right, although I wouldn't have complained waiting in line and watching this performance!" he chuckled, "Come, let's go in."

...

"That was the best steak I ever had in my life," Sejeong said as she put her knife and fork down.

Hyoseop laughed, "I could tell based on your facial expressions. For a second there I thought you were going to leave me for the steak."

"For a moment, I seriously considered it," Sejeong teased him, "what about you? Did you enjoy it?"