Fifteen

Sejeong exhaled a sigh of relief, throwing her bag onto the couch and herself straight after, "It's good to be home," she said to herself. The drive back home from her parents had taken longer than expected thanks to the traffic. She checked her phone for the time, Hyoseop was going to arrive any minute now.

She had texted him on the way home saying she wanted to have a chat tonight about their future. Right now though, all she could think about was how good some pizza and beer would be. She quickly placed an order on her delivery app and went to wash her face in the bathroom. Sejeong then jumped into a pair of track pants and one of Hyoseop's sweaters, the perfect way to end the day.

She managed to close her eyes for a little bit before the sound of her door unlocking woke her up. Hyoseop was in a white t-shirt with a beanie on, a mask covering his face so that no one would recognise him on the way there. He quickly took off his mask and smiled at her, "You're home."

Sejeong smiled back, "Yes, and food is on the way."

Hyoseop took off his shoes and placed his phone on the dining table before proceeding to join Sejeong on the couch, "I missed you, how were your parents?"

"My dad and brother were out, only umma was there," Sejeong replied, leaning her head on his shoulder, "I'm sorry if I worried you this morning, taking off like that."

He shook his head, "Looking back at it now I kinda expected it, I did spring on something quite big to you as a surprise,"

"Big? More like huge." Sejeong laughed.

He smiled at her, "What did you and your mum talk about?"

"Us," Sejeong replied as she pointed to the both of them back and forth, "and some other things, but mostly I just wanted to get her opinion on us."

"And?"

"You didn't tell me you went to my parents asking for their permission to marry me."

He smiled shyly, "So she told you?"

"Yes, she did, why didn't you tell me?"

"And ruin the surprise? Of course not," he swung his arm around her, "in all honesty though, last night was not how I pictured telling you or asking you."

Sejeong giggled, "You could say that again."

"I wanted to tell you sooner or later that I was thinking about it, but I didn't know if you were ready or not to take that next step, and then the whole mess with this company thing sorta clouded the moment so..."

The two sat in silence for a while before Sejeong chimed up, "It's not like the thought hasn't crossed my mind before," Hyoseop looked at her, "Sometimes when it's just the two of us at home, I look at you when you're not noticing and I picture what our life will be like in ten years."

"And what does that look like?"

"I picture you, coming home from filming greeted by me and our kids sitting around the living room, playing with Baul. And then no matter how tired you were, you'd insist on cooking for me, because you knew I was busy too managing the kids and my schedule. Then during dinner, we'd talk about our upcoming vacation to see your parents in Canada, and the kids are so excited at the thought of playing with their cousins in the snow..."

Hyoseop felt his heart swell with happiness, "You never told me this,"

"Because I didn't think it had even crossed your mind yet!"

"What? Our future together?"

Sejeong nodded, "Yeah,"

He scoffed, "Oh ye of little faith,"