Sixteen

Author's note: Decided to put this up top again as I need to put a TW for this chapter. Towards the end of this chapter there will be mild violence, so please read at your own discretion! Nothing too intense I promise :)

--

"And please sign on the dotted line here,"

Sejeong and Hyoseop were seated next to each other in a boardroom at The Present Co. Standing around them were lawyers, their managers, and TPC's head of marketing. As of yesterday, Sejeong's contract was officially over with Jellyfish, and today was the day that she was going to be signed by a new agency. Not just that, but she would become a partial owner of an agency.

The lawyer who sat across from her flipped the lengthy document to its last page and pointed to the bottom, "One last signature here." Once Sejeong signed, he slid the document over to Hyoseop and pointed to the empty line next to her signature, "Just reiterating what we have discussed prior to your signing of this document. Ahn Hyoseop, by signing this, you hereby renounce half of your shares of The Present Co, transferring ownership to Kim Sejeong. Kim Sejeong will be an equal shareholder of The Present Co as well as an artist under its management. It is my legal obligation to remind you that this is your last opportunity to voice out any concerns with the proposed."

Hyoseop grabbed the pen in front of him and signed, "Thank you, I understand and have no issues with the proposed."

The lawyer pulled the document back and placed a stamp on it, finalising the deal, "Thank you both for your cooperation. Congratulations, Miss Sejeong, and welcome to The Present Co."

From the corner of the room, both their managers gave a loud cheer, followed by applause from everyone in the room. Sejeong suddenly felt humongous relief and excitement, she was entering a new chapter of her life. Although a part of her was still intimidated, she just had to believe in herself, and she knew she had someone special by her side.

She felt a nudge on her thigh, "Hey," looking over at Hyoseop, he had a huge grin on his face, "Nice to meet you, co-CEO."

Sejeong couldn't stop the blush in her cheeks, "I'm going to have to get used to that,"

"We're so lucky to have you!" TPC's head of marketing chimed in, "I've got a press release ready to go in about 30 minutes. This is so exciting!"

She smiled, "Thank you for being so welcoming, I hope I live up to everyone's expectations."

Once the applause subsided, everyone started packing up and clearing the room. As Sejeong stood up, she felt mae-nim's arms around her, "I'm so happy for you, Sejeong-ah!" She looked over at Hyoseop, "And thank you for bringing me along with her, I'm so grateful for this."

"I wouldn't have it any other way," Hyoseop replied, "you're a part of our family too."

Sejeong hugged her manager back, "We're in this together, forever!"

Sejeong turned back to walk out the door and was immediately shocked when the doors swung open to reveal a fully decorated doorway, with all of TPC's staff cheering. Confetti was being popped left and right, and one of the coordinators was standing at the centre, holding a huge sign that said, "We love you, Kim Sejeong!" She couldn't help but shed a few tears at the sight, which made Hyoseop smile. He swung his arm around her and gave her a kiss on the temple, which resulted in coos from the crowd.

Hyoseop rolled his eyes and laughed, "Do you want to say something to everyone?"

Sejeong nodded, wiped her tears, and cleared her throat, "I just wanted to say, this is an absolute dream come true. I know this is the first time I'm meeting most of you, and I can't thank you enough for taking the time out of your busy schedules to do all of this for me," she paused to look around her, "I'm far from perfect, but I hope I can contribute to building something amazing with all of you. And I really look forward to getting to know the crew here, Hyoseop tells me you're all so talented, and speaking of," she looked up at the man standing next to her, "thank you for never giving up on me, I hope I won't let you down."