Fourteen

Author's note: Hello beautiful people! I usually put this at the bottom of the chapter but thought I'd get it out of the way! 

Firstly, thank you so much for your kind words on my previous note. I thought about deleting it but I wanted to make sure to respond to everyone individually with a word of thanks :) 

Secondly, apologies for the delay in uploading this chapter. Just my luck, I tested positive for COVID a few days after the wedding and was bedridden for an entire week. I am now doing much better - and am finally well enough to continue writing. (Guess who rewatched the entirety of BP while she was in bed recovering). 

OK! I won't take up any more of your time, enjoy this new chapter x 

PS just to confirm I will continue to update on Sundays - I just wanted to get this chapter out early as I know I've kept everyone waiting!

--

Sejeong sat there frozen, eyes blinking in pure disbelief. Did she really just hear what she thought she heard?

"I'm sorry, I think I had a momentary blackout there, what did you say?"

"I think we should get married."

Maybe it was the shock, but Sejeong burst out in uncontrollable laughter. She stood up, pacing around the room trying to compose herself, patting her chest to calm down, "You're funny," she said to Hyoseop, "absolutely hilarious."

Hyoseop stood up, a puzzled expression overtaking his face, "I wasn't joking."

Sejeong scoffed, "Sure because we should totally get married."

"Why shouldn't we?" he shrugged, "We both love each other and unless you think otherwise there's not really anyone I want to commit to for the rest of my life. We're both mature enough and of age, plus our families adore us together."

She stopped in her tracks, "You're being serious?"

Hyoseop smiled as he stepped in front of her and placed his hands on her shoulders, "Never been more serious about anything in my entire life."

"Are you insane?" Sejeong exclaimed, "We can't just get married!"

"Why not? I've given you my reasons why we should, give me one good reason why this is a bad idea?"

She desperately searched her brain for a reason, any reason to back up her argument. Their careers? No, this doesn't have anything to do with that. Health? They're both as healthy as can be. Differences in opinion? No real dealbreakers there (in fact most of the time they're of one mind).

"You can't, can you?"

She sighed, "Marriage is a serious deal, oppa. We're talking about the rest of our lives here, and I don't know about you but I really don't want to go into this with haste and wake up one day realising you're gone."

He frowned, "Why would you think that?" Hyoseop brushed her cheek lightly, "Sejeong-ah, you know me better than anyone else in the world. You know that if I wanted out, I would've been long gone already. I'm never going to run away, and to be frank, the thought of spending every day with you for the rest of my life actually fills me with excitement." He looked at her with concern, "I understand if you're not ready, you could just say so,"

"It's not that I'm not ready, I mean," she paused, "I don't know. It just seems like everything is happening so quickly and I need time to think about this."

"Are you not sure about me?" he asked.

She shook her head in response and wrapped her arms around him, "It's not about that, please don't ever think that,"