Seven

I love you, Sejeong-ah.

"Sejeong? We're ready for you?"

"What? Oh, sorry!" Sejeong said as she got up off the make-up chair and made her way into the studio.

It's been nearly two weeks since she last saw Hyoseop, but not a day goes by without her thinking of what happened that night.

You don't have to say anything just yet, but I just wanted to you know.

A part of her had always known, but it still caught her off guard. She didn't expect him to say it so soon. Then again, they've technically been seeing each other for over a year now.

"You look amazing, Sejeong! Could we start with you sitting on the sofa please?"

She was doing another magazine cover, one that would normally excite her. But her mind was somewhere else, as it has been since she heard the words come out of Hyoseop's mouth. She hadn't spoken to him, as she really didn't know what to say. Despite her silence, Hyoseop continued to text her every day; a good morning and good night.

She could tell he was getting anxious though as he texted her something else yesterday.

I know you're probably still reflecting on things, but I just want to know that you're doing okay. I hope to hear from you soon.

Sejeong felt so guilty giving him the silent treatment, but she wanted to be sure of what she felt before replying to him.

"That's great, now can we get you holding the rabbit doll please?"

Sejeong did as the photographer told her, looking at the rabbit brought a smile to her face as she thought of Hyoseop's post from a few weeks ago. She smiled, laughed, did her job and made the magazine's creative team happy as she always did with the people she worked with. But once it was over, she felt immense relief. All she really wanted to do was sit there and think about what to say to Hyoseop.

She needed help from someone, someone she knew would be unbiased in their replies, and someone who also knew about whatever was going on between the two of them.

"Mae-nim, I'm just going to step out for some fresh air while you all pack up."

"Oh? It's a bit cold outside, make sure you wear your padded jacket and bring your coffee."

"I got it, plus they've got heaters by the balcony," Sejeong smiled at her before heading out.

Once she knew she was out of earshot of anyone, she dialled for the person she knew she could turn to for advice.

She picked up within seconds of the line ringing, "Hari, Hari! How are you, my love?"

Sejeong loved how Inah still greeted her that way, "Youngseo-yah! I miss you."

"Same here, gorgeous! Are you back in Korea yet?"

"Mhm, have been for a few days now! Are you busy right now?"

"Actually I just got home, I was out all day filming today. Why?"

Sejeong took a sip of her coffee, "I need your advice about something."

"Oh?" She could almost picture Inah cocking her head to the right, the way she always did when she was puzzled, "You sound serious. What is it?"

"If I tell you, you need to promise me your lips are sealed for the foreseeable future. Seriously, or I might get in huge trouble."

Inah laughed, "You know I will, and I'm flattered. But if it's that huge a deal are you sure you need to tell me?"

She sighed, "It's because you're the one person who already kinda knows, and will understand."