I looked over at the time and it was 7 a.m. I rubbed my eyes gently before looking at him.

"I don't want you roaming around the house. Do not enter the east wing a matter of fact don't leave this room. The maids will attend to your service if needed," he said before looking at me.

Ugh I hate this

When I didn't respond he walked over to me. My heartbeat increased and my palms became sweaty.

I sat up and scooted away. He grabbed my ankle and pulled me towards him.

Ass cheeks halts at the edge of the bed and my lower area was pressed against the hard muscles of his legs.

My upper body was raised up since I was resting on my elbows. I swallowed hard as he gazed at me.

"Do you understand me Esmeray?" he asked

"Yes," I respond while nodding.

For some reason, I feared getting on his wrong side.

So I kept my smart-ass comments and responses at bay.

"Good," he said before releasing me.

He left the room and I released a breath I didn't know I was holding. I heard the locks click and I got up from the bed.

I tried opening the door but failed miserably. I sighed before walking to the bathroom.

I peed, brushed my teeth, and bathed. When I was done I got dressed in another comfy outfit.

I went and sat on the couch before looking around.

I wasn't sure what to do next.

Soon there was a knock on the door. Amelia brought my breakfast and another maid came and cleaned the room.

They locked the door each time they leave, saying it was Don's orders.

I was treated like a queen who was also still a prisoner.

For a couple of days, this became my newest routine. The maids would bring me breakfast, lunch, and dinner and clean if I ask. When they leave I'd be locked inside this room.

Amelia had lent me a book to read which was great because I loved reading. My favorite genres to read were mysteries, thrillers, and romance. (Dark romance).

I also like reading about my black history. It gave me a lot of knowledge on my culture since it wasn't taught to me.

And growing up in a white country had me facing a lot of racism.

Amelia seems to love books also but she said with her job it is sometimes challenging.

Steele would come home late at night and leave early in the morning. Most mornings I would be unsure if he'd come home but the wet towel on the ground of the closet and his side of the bed would tell me otherwise.

As the days went by I grew tired of doing the same thing every day and the fact that I was rereading the books Amelia owned didn't help.