Chapter 23: The Last Meeting of the D.A.

"I'll bet you wish you hadn't given up Divination now, don't you, Hermione?" asked Parvati, smirking.

It was breakfast time a few days after the sacking of Trelawney, and Parvati was curling her eyelashes around her wand and examining the effect in the back of her spoon. We were to have their first lesson with Edgar that morning.

"Not really," said Hermione indifferently, who was reading the Daily Prophet. "I wouldn't take a class just because the Professor's attractive. Anyway he's old enough to be any of our fathers."

She turned a page of the newspaper, scanning its columns.

"Lockhart." I said with a fake cough.

"He's not just attractive, he's handsome, and intense." said Lavender, sounding shocked.

"Either way, he's still old enough to be your dad." said Hermione coolly.

"A gorgeous dad..." Parvati sighed.

"Anyway, I thought you two were all upset that Trelawney had gone?"

"We are!" Lavender assured her. "We went up to her office to see her, we took her some daffodils — not the honking ones that Sprout's
got, nice ones. . . ."

"How is she?" asked Harry.

"Not very good, poor thing," said Lavender sympathetically. "She was crying and saying she'd rather leave the castle forever than stay here if Umbridge is still here, and I don't blame her. Umbridge was horrible to her, wasn't she?"

"I've got a feeling Umbridge has only just started being horrible," said Hermione darkly.

"Impossible," said Ron, who was tucking into a large plate of eggs and bacon. "She can't get any worse than she's been already."

"You mark my words, she's going to want revenge on Dumbledore for appointing a new teacher without consulting her," said Hermione, closing the newspaper. "Especially Edgar he's been tormenting her since she got here."

After breakfast Hermione departed for her Arithmancy class and Harry, Ron, and I followed Parvati and Lavender into the entrance hall, heading for Divination.

"What did she mean 'just because the Professor is attractive?' He's not that good looking, he's got a funny looking nose, and he walks strangely like there's something wrong with his leg." Ron said angrily.

"Well he's a lot more sightly than you Ronald." I told him. "Plus I'm sure the mysterious factor helps."

"I doubt he's even a real seer anyway, I bet he'll be just as loony as Trelawney." Ron said crossing his arms, "Aren't we going up to North Tower?" He added, looking puzzled, as Parvati bypassed the marble staircase.

"For some reason Professor Edgar didn't want to use that room. We're in classroom eleven now, it was on the notice board yesterday."

Classroom eleven was situated on the ground-floor corridor leading off the entrance hall on the opposite side to the Great Hall. I knew it to be one of those classrooms that were never used regularly, and that it therefore had the slightly neglected feeling of a cupboard or storeroom.

When I entered it right behind Harry, I was relieved to find that it wasn't full of the perfumed fragrance of Trelawney's north tower, but instead seemed to be simply a normal classroom.

"Hello Professor Edgar!" Parvati said to Edgar batting her newly curled eyelashes.

"Ah Hello Miss Patil, please take any open seat you want." He told her, and her and Lavender quickly took two desks in the front.

I sat near the back with Ron and Harry, and only a few minutes later everyone had taken their seats.

"Alright, most of you have probably seen me around the castle before, I'm Edgar, just Edgar. And well I'm here to teach you divinations...Ah Ron Weasley, it'll be good to see the cup won by Gryffindor again." He said simply, which caused Ron's face to go bright red and he scowled at Edgar as he turned his back.