The Night We Met

The night we met - lord Huron

Y/ns pov

I had felt something crash into my shin. I hiss in pain as I see Johnathan next to me laughing.

I smile. "Oof! Ok, Johnathan, no crashing into your elders." I say.

He laughs and runs away. I watch him run off, and I look and see the man whose heart I broke 11 years ago.

"Joel.."

His mouth agape. The world around me crashed, and I felt as though my feet were about to give in. We start walking towards each other.

We crash into each other's arms. His hands found my waist, and he held on as if someone was trying to take him away.

I wrap my arms around his neck. I bury my head into his chest and take in all of him. His scent, his warmth, his touch..

I hear a small sniffle. "Don't you cry on me now, Miller." I joke. He chuckles.

We pull away. I kiss his cheek and hold his face. "Oh, I'm so glad you are ok." I say. He rests his forehead against mine and smiles.

"I can not tell you how happy I am to see you again." He says, kissing my forehead.

I smile and let a tear fall..

We stay there a while until we separate. "Joel Miller." Robert says. Joel turns around and smiles. "Hey there, Robert." He says, putting his arm around me. They exchange words, and we continue to walk around.

I notice the little girl. "Hi there, what's your name?" I ask. "Ellie.." she says, crossing her arms. "Well, nice to meet you, Ellie.." I say, smiling at her.

She just looks at me. I see Caroline inching her way towards Ellie.

I could tell she was nervous. "Oh Ellie, this is Caroline. She's my niece.. well, I consider her family.. I think you two would have fun together.. the boys here are pretty weird." I say.

This earns a small smile from Ellie.

Both of them ran off and began palying together

I felt Joel squeeze my hand.

"I'm so glad I found you again.. I have been praying I find you.." he says, caressing my cheek.

I smile at him. It was getting a bit cold outside.

"Let's get inside.. it's getting cold.." I say.. we get to my house and head inside.

I start a fire in the fireplace. Me and Joel sit on the couch..

We talk to each other like we never split apart.

We were laughing when Ellie came back in. "Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt." She says.

"Oh, don't worry, sweetie.. I have a spare bed upstairs." I say. I show Ellie the guest room.

Her hand grazes the blanket on the bed.

"If you get too cold, I have extra blankets on this chair right here.." I explain.

She smiles and nods.

"Thank you.." she says. I nod and leave the room. I close the door and turn around and see Joel leaning against the door to my bedroom.

He was smiling at me.

He stands up and walks over to me. He wraps his arms around me. He kisses the top of my head.

"I missed you.." he says. I wrap my arms around his shoulders.

"I missed you too, Miller.." I say.

We get to my room, and we lay in bed.

Joel wrapped his arms around me, and I cuddled against him. I take in his scent..