Glimpse of us

Glimpse of us- joji

It was 2023.

My health wasn't the greatest, probably because I'm in my 50s. Never thought I would make it this far..

The people around me helped a lot.

My nieces and nephews are my pride and joy. My asshole brother and I have bonded over the years.

Our little village had expanded better than ever. We built a gate around our little town.

We have had a few incounters with traitors and people who were infected coming in and trying to kill us.

I got my hands dirty a few times. I hated it. I fucking hated it.

Especially the kids.. the had to witness some things..

Linda was great at supporting the kids .. she's an excellent mother..

Mabel and Maxine took care of the cows.

Carmen and David were new, and they were electricians, so we had light and energy.

Marlene and Mikaela took over gardening.

Caroline and I made clothes, we had a few sheep's that Carmen had brought, and we would sheer them to make our yarn.

Robert and David became great friends. They were actually co workers before the apocalypse.

Our newest people were a group of three, Skunk, Dusty, and Ruth.

Yes, those are their actual names.

Skunk was a baker, Dusty worked in a brewery, and Ruth was a babysitter, so she would look over the kids while the others would work.

"Y/n!" I hear Robert yell. I get up and go downstairs and see Robert carrying a stack of boxes.

"I got you, just stay still." I say, reaching for the boxes.

"Aht! No open the door. I got it." Robert says.

"Quit being a baby." I say, taking a few boxes. I open the door, and Robert walks out.

"I could've handled it." He says. "No, you wouldn't have." I say. "Oh,
whatever." He says.

Marlene wanders over to us. "Hey, y/n, ten o'clock, hottie with a body, working on a window." She says, putting her hand on my shoulder.

I look over and see Dusty working on a window.

He had no shirt on, and his skin glistened where the sun hit him. He had a nutmeg complexion, he had a small, rough, greying beard, he furrowed his eyebrows as he wiped away the sweat that was trickling down his forehead. He turned to Skunk to grab a hammer, and we were able to take in his full physique.

He had toned abs, strong arms, and chiseled features. His hands were calloused and had a few scars.

We had always known him as the guy no one dared to talk to because he was quiet. He never talked unless he needed tools or advice from Skunk.

"Um, guys? Ten o'clock, clockwise, a very upset husband who feels unloved." Robert says, crossing his arms. "Babe, you know I love you." Marlene says.

"Aw." Robert says. They hug and kiss. "Aw." I say, turning. "Oh wait, I have no one." I say.

"Don't worry, maybe if you talk to Dusty, you can have a shot with him."

"Eh." I shrug. "I agree. I don't get the whole thing about Dusty." Robert says.

"Hey girls! Did you see Dusty? Talk about silver fox." Mabel says.

Robert throws his hands up and walks away. "What's his issue?" Mabel asks. "He doesn't understand men like women do." I say.