Kiss on my list

Kiss on my list - Hall & Oates

It was Halloween Night, 1984, and I was in my room finishing up my makeup for Halloween. I hear a knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I ask.

"I'm here to collect your soul. Bleh!" I hear Joel from behind my door.

I open the door and see Joel in Ghoulish face paint. He is pulling a weird face.

"Joel. What are you supposed to be?" I ask, giggling. "Qhat? I'm Frankenstein! We are going as Frankenstein and his bride, right?" He asks.

"We are. You just look silly." I say. "What's up with you? You seem out of it." He asks, looking concerned. "John, he broke up with me, like five minutes ago."I say, looking at my feet.

"What an idiot." He says. "Joel.." I say. "Come on, let's go out, get some candy, and watch some movies. Forger about that bulky squirrel." He says. I laugh.

"Joel, you are too sweet." I smile. "Just like the candy we are about to stuff our faces with. Come on, my bride. Let's go!" He says.

"Alright, apple of my eye, husband. Let us attend this night." I say, grabbing his hand.

"Speaking of attending to the night, how about you go to the dance with me, like attend it together." He says, pulling cheeky awkward smile. "You really have a way with words." I say.
I kiss his cheek and drag him down the stairs.

*time skip*

It was 1985, and I was getting ready
for the spring school dance. I put on a red lipstick and fixed my dress.

"Y/n! Joel is here." My mom shouted. My heart skipped a beat. I had a huge crush on my best friend, Joel.

"Coming!" I say grinning from ear to ear.

I put on extra perfume. If tonight was the night, I was definitely going to do it right.

I composed myself and made my way downstairs. I see Joel talking to my brother, Robert. "Ah, there she is, sweetie. You look beautiful." My mom says.

Joel jerks his head towards me and stares in awe. I smile. "You look.. wow.." he says. "Aye, quit checking out, my sister, I hate to be friendly and kick your ass the same day." Robert crosses his arms.

"Robert, be nice." My mom says.

"I want her home by 10:30, son." My step dad, Chris, says from behind his newspaper. "Yes, sir." Joel says.

"Alright, you two have fun." My mom says. Joel links arms with me, and we head on to our school.

We get in and sit at a table. We talk for what felt like hours. I was super nervous because my main goal was to make a move with Joel.

A song came on. I look at Joel. "Joell." I say. "No." He says. "Come onnn, you can't go to a dance and not dance. That defeats the purpose of a dance." I say, grabbing his hand. He tenses up.

"You know I can't dance." He says, squeezing my hand. I squeeze his hand back and stand up. "I'll help you through it." I grin.

"Fine, but don't expect me to be perfect." He says, standing up. I take him to the dance floor. "Ok, now put your hands on my waist." I say. He hesitates but puts his hands on my waist. '"Then I put my arms around your shoulders." I say slowly, putting my arms around him.

"Then we sway." I say swaying. He sways with me, cautiously, since he didn't want to step on me. I giggle. "You are a natural, Joel." I say. He smiles down at me. I put my head on his chest. He places his chin on my head.