The Unholy Trinity-Chapter Nineteen

Start from the beginning

At lunch time, Fallon entered the cafeteria with Lucian on her right and Griffin at her left. They didn’t bother with getting lunch, but Fallon did grab a bottle of water from the snack bar before they entered the bowels of the cafeteria. Seeing Christian and Wendy and Angelica seated at one of the tables in the middle of the room made her smirk. The girls sat on either side of Christian, but that wasn’t what she found amusing. Instead, she didn’t think Christian had much of a backbone since he let Lucian and Griffin call the shots. She wondered what his father thought of that. Their trio took a seat opposite the God Squad, but Fallon didn’t sit in the middle. She left that to Lucian while she sat across from Wendy, leaving Griffin to sit opposite Angelica.

“I don’t see the need to waste anyone’s time,” Christian conceded. “I called you here because I think we need a peace treaty of some kind.”

The twins laughed.

“Why would we need a peace treaty?” Griffin asked.

“Really,” Lucian agreed. “I didn’t know we were at war.”

“You know exactly why,” Christian said with a glance at Fallon. “I need to make sure none of you pull what you and Fallon pulled yesterday.”

“Hold on a second,” Lucian snapped. “What happened yesterday was your fault, and it wouldn’t have happened if you hadn’t sent your lamb after Fallon.”

From the way Wendy’s eyes widened, Fallon knew they’d been on the right track about Julian. When she smiled at her own brilliance, Wendy dropped her eyes and kept them concentrated on Fallon’s water bottle. Fallon picked up the bottle and chugged the whole thing down and tossed it aside, giving Wendy no choice but to see her and only her.

“If anyone needs protection it’s Fallon,” Lucian continued. “You’ve been after her since she chose me over you. You could care less about saving her soul or anyone else’s for that matter. The only thing you care about is avenging your loss, and now you’re running scared because we aren’t running scared.”

Christian smiled at him. “Unlike you and your brother, I care more about others than I do about myself. My motives for trying to help Fallon are based on that and nothing more.”

Lucian snorted. “I’d say I didn’t think it was allowed for your kind to tell lies, but we all know that’s all you do. So, are we done then?”

“No, we’re not done,” Christian insisted.

“You’re not serious about this treaty thing are you?” Griffin scoffed.

“Yes, I am,” Christian assured him. “Why not listen to my terms? What do you have to lose?”

“All right,” Lucian agreed. “Let’s hear it.”

“We’ll leave you and your brothers alone for the rest of our time here at school if you release your hold on Fallon’s soul,” Christian answered.

“No,” Fallon interjected.

Lucian grinned at Christian. “Guess you have your answer.”

“I can’t even believe you thought we’d go for that,” Griffin said.

Christian shrugged. “I just kind of figured it would be easier this way than letting her find out the truth on her own.”

Fallon frowned at him. “What truth?”

“The truth about who you are and why you’re here,” Christian said, and the twins rose from the table.

Lucian reached for her hand. “Let’s go, Fallon.”