The Unholy Trinity-Chapter Twelve

“She’s here!” Gwen squealed when the doorbell rang.

            Fallon rolled her eyes while her mom sprinted for the door. Even though her mom still had to work half the week, Ellen insisted on ruining Fallon’s Thanksgiving vacation by coming for the whole week.

            Ever since they’d become soul mates, she and Lucian spent every day after school hanging out at her house. Most of the time they’d curl up on her couch and talk. Sometimes they’d make out, but it was nothing serious. For a guy that wasn’t a virgin, she expected him to be all over her. Lucian wasn’t like that. Instead, he showed a lot of patience with her. They never did anything more than tongue kissing or dry humping, but she didn’t mind going slow. There’d be none of that this week though. Not with Ellen lurking in the shadows.

            “This place is so cute, Gwen,” Ellen announced after she took the five second tour.

            Gwen shrugged. “It’s not much, but it’s a home. Anyway, you can have Fallon’s room, and she’ll take the couch.”

            “That’s not necessary. I can handle the couch.”

            “But you’re our guest.” 

            “Nonsense. Besides, a teenage girl needs her privacy.”

            When her mom shot a glance at her, Fallon knew what she wanted. Too bad, Fallon thought. If Ellen wanted to sleep on the couch, Fallon wasn’t going to beg her to take her room.

            “All right, if you insist,” Gwen gave in.

            Ellen broke in to a big smile. “Good, now that we’ve got that settled, what do you say we go out to dinner? My treat.”

            “You don’t have to treat. You’re our guest,” Gwen repeated.

            “Don’t get your panties in a twist, Gwen,” Ellen admonished, and Fallon giggled. “One dinner is the least I can do since you’re putting me up and giving me three squares for the next week.”

            “I guess you have a point.” 

            “You’re God damn right I do. So, what’s good to eat in this town?”

            “I want pizza,” Fallon announced.

            “Pizza sounds good to me,” Ellen agreed. “As long as we don’t have to get it somewhere where they have singing rats or dancing bears.”

            “I’m too old for those places, Aunt Ellen,” Fallon informed her.

            “Good, then I’m game,” Ellen said. “What about you, Gwen?”

            “Pizza’s good for me,” Gwen said.

            Ellen and her mom talked a mile a minute on the drive to the pizza place. Their conversation didn’t include Fallon. Not that she cared. All they talked about was boring stuff like work and bills and stuff.

            The restaurant was packed. They waited in line more than fifteen minutes just to order their pizza and sodas. Fallon’s heart dropped when they headed into the lobby to find a table. Corina and Blair and Laurel sat at a corner table with Miles and Seth and Griffin of all people. Even without being up close to him, she knew it was Griffin and not Lucian. When Corina spotted her staring, she offered her a sinister smile as she cuddled up to Griffin.