When we reach the bottom of the hill where the path leads up, I feel her come closer to me. Then her hand curls around my arm, nestled in the crook of my elbow. She pulls herself near me, murmuring, "Saturday morning sport in the winter is a crime."

"I'm probably really gross and sweaty," I warn her immediately, "You might not want to do that."

She looks up at me with a smile, brows furrowed in slight confusion. "I'm constantly around my sweaty barely pubescent brothers who refuse to start using deodorant, so you're fine." She nestles herself even closer to me. "And, surprisingly, you don't smell bad. So, I can overlook the dirt all over you."

Scoffing, I murmur, leaning down a little closer to her, "There's no way I smell good right now, Aurora."

"Well," She presses her nose to my arm for a moment, "You just smell like you."

The smile on my face is unbelievably giddy. "Like me?"

"Mmhm. Maybe vaguely sweatier than usual, but not in a bad way necessarily."

"Aurora?"

"Yes, George?"

"You've noticed what I smell like?"

Her cheeks brighten. That shade of dark pink has quickly become my most favourite colour. "Well— Yes, I mean— George, we sit next to each other for an entire hour twice a week. And there's the times you helped me get warm. And yesterday, when you dropped me off to class..." If even possible, her blush has only deepened.

"Huh," I nod slowly, clenching my jaw so as not to break out into a grin. Because it makes me stupidly happy to think she's noticed these things as well. That I'm not crazy for loving the way she smells and noticing it every time I see her. "Makes sense. Guess I've noticed too."

"Noticed what?" He head whips around to stare up at me, "How I smell?"

Nodding, I admit, "Your perfume is nice."

"I— Thank you." Her hand squeezes my arm gently. We've reached the parking lot and she uses the opportunity to divert the conversation, "Where is your mum parked?"

"Just over here," I lead her over to where the silver sedan is parked. I open the passenger door and lean down to look into the car at my mum. "Hey, Mum," Aurora starts to slip out of my hold, but I bring a hand up, keeping her close to me, "Is it alright if we drop Aurora home?"

"Of course!" She waves us in, "Hurry, you're letting all the warm air out."

Standing back up, I step away from the car and gesture for Aurora to get in the passenger seat. She frowns at me, "You sit in the front, George."

I simply shake my head, "No. Go on."

She sighs like she's getting annoyed with me. "George, you've got giant-sized legs, you can't sit in the backseat."

"I can and I will," With a gentle hand on her back, I push her forward until she relents, sitting down in the seat. Once she's seated, I shut the door for her then get into the backseat. It is a little cramped for me, but I make it work.

Aurora tells Mum where she lives and the two of them talk for the entire drive. It only takes less than ten minutes, too short for my liking. I could have sat there, listening to the two of them laughing and chatting for hours. They bring me into the conversation a couple times, but really, I'm just happy to observe them like this.

When we reach Aurora's house, she thanks my mum profusely as she unbuckles her seatbelt. Quickly, I hop out of the car and open up her door for her. She looks up at me, a blush on her cheeks as she steps out of the car. "Thank you, George."

I stare at her, a little lost for words. She's so beautiful. Too wonderful for words. "Aurora?"

Her smile. "Yes, George?"

"I— I'll see you at school?"

"Yes. You will." For a moment, we just lock eyes. Then she reaches for my hand, holding it in hers for just a second, one gentle squeeze before she turns, walking up the path to her front door. 

~ Pink Flamingo <3