" You have a friend aka soulmate named, Park Jimin in your life other than your lover boy koo." Jimin made an angry yet pouting face.

" I know. I know." Taehyung grinned in embarrassment.

After a moment of long silence.

" You deserve everything Taehyungie. I don't know what Lady Amelia had told you but my boy is a precious gem for many people including me." Jimin said in a soothing way ignoring how Taheyung's eyes had widened.

" I don't remember telling you anything." Taehyung said unsure of himself.

" Yes, you haven't told me directly but you do know that whenever you are in distress, sleep talking is a usual thing for you. I was here when you started mumbling things yesterday night. You are needed Taehyung. Much needed for a special person." Jimin gave a playful smile towards the end.

Taehyung also smiled, concealing his bubbling qualms in his mind.

As the doctor repeated his name, he opened his eyes, blinking slowly to adjust to the lamp light. He has been sleeping for hours, on and off, after Jungkook left him to fetch the doctor and then brought a special medicine. In another moment, he saw an old man with a friendly smile holding the bowl of medicine. He opened his mouth and swallowed the paste, wincing at the bitter taste. The doctor turned and bowed towards the General and left the room. He looked for Jimin but could only see the retreating figure of Jungkook. His eyes involuntarily shed tears and eventually fell asleep as the effect of medicine slowly sank in to his bone.

■■■■■■■

Taehyung's eyes excitedly ran across the exquisite royal gardens that rolled endlessly over many acres. The palace was perched atop a hill surrounded by civilization on one side and lakes and forests on the other. His eyes reveled in dazzling sunlight and refreshing wind blowing inside the Prince's chamber.

It's been two days after the incident with Jungkook, nightmares constantly attacking his peace. He didn't see Jungkook again but Jimin told him about the General sitting and staring at the sleeping figure of Taehyung every night. Lady Amelia visited him frequently and Taehyung is warming up towards the pretty lady and he also shared his childhood's happy moments. Every of her conversations revolve around Jungkook and he enviously noticed the passionate glint in her eyes which he failed to notice the first time she talked about the General. After their meet ups in the private chamber, Taehyung contemplated for hours about his credibility for being in the palace and the frightening reappearance of the nightmare again and again.

After all who is he for The General of Raven Army, for the prince of the royal family, For Jeon Jungkook.

He clutched the piece of cloth that encircled over his breast. He couldn't possibly come out of his secret even he is secured in the chamber. He strongly held his truth-- his idea of credibility. Taehyung's eyes trailed to the shed which is visible from the balcony he is standing. From the carved exterior and reverberating sounds of huffs and groans, Taehyung deduced it to be the Armory practice hall. When his eyes registered the silhouette of General looking up on him from the entrance of the shed, Taehyung quickly hid and collected himself to run inside the chamber. His heart pounded abnormally. Even the small glimpse of the General tends to make tantrums on his heart.

He has mixed feelings when he tried to dissolve his love for Jungkook. His eyes stung with overwhelming feelings and lungs burnt, squeezing his breath in between. He pressed his shivering hands firmly on both of his ears, shutting down the uproarious shouts and scornful whimpers he had heard in his nightmare. His head ached and a bit of blood oozed out of his nose, tainting his neckline.

The gash on his shoulder made him weep and it resulted in an ache passing through his disheveled mental state.

Overwhelmed.

Distraught.

Anxious.

Apprehensive.

His mind chanted for his 'koo'

Maybe... if there is any chance for a strange feeling of love to be bloomed in Jungkook's mind for him, he is willing to fight the whole world. To fight through his existence and open up to the world that he is Jeon Jungkook's Taehyung.

But what if that's not the case, yet again he is willing to confess and hear it from the older itself that he has no importance in Jungkook's life. He will go then even if he isn't so sure about his survival. Tears cascaded down his cheeks while his body burnt with high temperature. His stomach and thighs ached and he lied on the cold floor in agony, unable to stand or sit straight.

His mind again swirled in his nightmares where he saw Jungkook leaving him on the cold floor and cursing him to fuck off from his life. The distrust licking around the corner of his consciousness made him insentient, emotionally unstable and he slowly stopped fighting.

Stopped fighting to thrive in the harsh reality.

Stopped struggling to open his eyes only to tearfully look at the retreating figure of his love.

Stopped battling to take control over his ragged breaths.

Losing to his nightmare.

The nightmare where he was left behind by his hope, by his Jungkook, by his 'stupid koo'.

💜 vote if you enjoy reading it 💜