Chapter Thirty-Five: Homewrecker

Theo's Perspective

Our trip to the pier.. My finger moved towards every word and picture I saw. I stayed up at night reading and looking through the album, reminiscing on Blake and I's memories. The blonde jock who gave me my present was dead asleep on my bed next to me and was snoring with his phone that he dropped onto his stomach. A warm feeling spread throughout my face as I remembered how we kissed on the Santa Monica pier in the early stages of our relationship.

Even though I was unsure of how Blake felt about us back then, I wouldn't change a thing about our first kiss, it led us where we are today after all. Blake rolled over in his sleep and huddled closer to my body, resting his head on my shoulder and nearly placing his hand on my arm. He wasn't awake, was he? I patted his shoulder. "Blake? Blake." I whispered in his ear.

He didn't budge and continuously snored on me. I smiled at how his subconscious must've made him do that. It was comforting and helped remind myself who loved me enough to make me a photo book. Another page of Blake's hard work was finished being read by me and I began the next page, until my phone started buzzing. "Can't this person know that I'm busy?" I shook my head in annoyance and picked up anyway without checking the contact info. "Hello?" I sighed, continuing to go through the album. "Theo? I was gonna pick you up today, where were you?" I cursed under my breath. It was Eric.

"You didn't answer my calls earlier so I assumed you were busy. What're you up to now?" Eric's voice asked through the phone. I glanced at Blake's sleeping face and back down to the photo book. "I was busy with something.. Or someone," I grinned and got an interested 'oh?' from the other side of the line. "I've got a lot to tell you. Meet me in ten at the cafe near my house."

Eric slammed his mocha on the table and I slid Blake's gift towards him. "No way! Are you sure you can trust him after what he said at the ball?" I sloshed around my coffee and nodded. "I'm sure I can. I mean, I don't think he'd come running back to me drunk and now give me this, right?" Eric skimmed through the message on the first page.

"I don't know him like you do so I can only take your word for it." He shrugged, furrowing his brows in deep focus. "He wouldn't make an entire photo book with writing on every other page for me if he didn't mean it. You're right, I do know him and knowing what he's like, a guy like him wouldn't do this for me if he didn't mean it." I fidgeted with my cup some more. "He wouldn't do that if he didn't.. Love me."

Eric's eyes shot up immediately and he smirked. "I can tell that you're fighting back a laugh," I slouched in my seat and chuckled in defeat. Eric laughed, almost to the point of pounding his fist against the table and wiped away the tears forming in his eyes. "Okay, okay.. I'm sorry for laughing, that was sweet."

I scoffed. "Good, because let's not forget how you and his best friend hit it off before." Eric stood up and punched me teasingly in the arm. "Whatever, let's go, your boyfriend might have woken up and is probably looking for you."

Eric dropped me off at my house and I lifted my drink to him from my doorway in an attempt to wave goodbye. Blake's drink is getting cold, I should give it to him right- "Aah!" Someone picked me from behind and dragged me onto the sofa. I turned my back and put my hand over my chest in relief.

"Blake! You scared me.. and some of my drink spilled onto my favorite shirt.." I tugged on the part of my shirt where the coffee spill was and groaned. 'Pretty annoyed' wasn't enough to describe how I felt, I was pretty pissed. That was my favorite shirt and it was a light blue, almost white, color! I reminded myself that Blake was the one who did it and calmed down a bit.

Blake kissed the side of my head and looked at the stain over my shoulder. "Shit.. sorry about that," he cringed. I placed my drink on the coffee table in front of us and handed Blake his. "This is for you. I'm going to put this shirt-" I paused when I was yanked back onto Blake's lap. "Hey.. Don't sound so mad, I can make it up to you if you want." Wow, Blake Brooks, you say that so seductively right when I'm about to go change?