Chapter Twenty-Five: The Big Reveal

Blake's Perspective

I looked at the suit that was hanging on my closet door, thinking about anything and everything that had to do with last night. My chin was resting on my palm, while I stared at the suit intensely. Last night with Theo was incredible – better than all the hookups I've had in the past, but sex didn't mean that I liked him – or even loved him, for that matter. I just couldn't fathom the thought of me liking another guy. Especially not the guy that I was just using.

I never expected things to go as far as they did last night. I took his virginity, for god sake – something that I bet was important to him. And I didn't even.. Love him.. Did I? I went into this thinking that I'd leave him after I got what I wanted, but now that I had it, why didn't I enjoy it as much as I thought I would? My thirst for revenge led me here, sitting on my chair, staring at my suit, contemplating everything I've done just minutes before I had to get ready for the Winter Ball.

A feeling of motivation and confidence overcame me and I got off my ass. I shouldn't feel bad, I declared to myself, If I wasn't sure if I even loved him, I probably didn't. His family wronged mine and what happened between us was nothing. I tried convincing myself that Theo didn't genuinely matter to me as I slipped on my suit and fixed my hair. This dance was going to mark the end for us, and I didn't need to worry about anything anymore. Just let it happen, Blake.

I stared at myself in my mirror and fixed up any imperfections I saw. After I felt satisfied, I turned back to the files spread out on my desk and quickly hid them in a drawer. I drove myself over to Theo's house and knocked on the door, clearing my throat. I suddenly remembered the end of last night. What was I going to say to him? If I didn't have the proper response, I could ruin the rest of the plan earlier than I wanted. I didn't talk to Theo at school today, but I hoped that didn't affect us going to the ball together.

I felt myself tense when the door eventually freaked open, and I was met face-to-face with Theo. "Hey.." I began, only to pause when I noticed how good he looked in his suit. He may have looked good, but you can think people look nice without loving them, right? I'm going to leave him tonight anyways, so I can just forget about how he looks. I frantically changed the subject of my mind. "You ready to go?" I hastily asked and shot a thumb towards my car to ease the tension a little. Theo's eyes glanced at the Chevy, then back to my face. "Yeah, let's go," he responded. Whew, we're good. I offered my arm for him to link with his and he giggled. "What a gentleman."

I rolled my eyes jokingly and couldn't help but stifle a chuckle of my own. I was more than ready to go now.

We pulled up to the front of the school which was decorated with bright lights in the front and a long banner. Both Theo and I slammed our doors and walked in together. Already, we could see couples running through the hallways, probably looking for a spot to hookup. Before I asked where the party was, a bright light illuminating from the gym answered my question. I looked at Theo, whose eyes were looking in every direction and displayed a feeling of nervousness. I gently elbowed him to catch his attention and watched as his innocent eyes locked with mine.

"Let's go in huh?" I whispered, managing a small smile. He nodded and I allowed the blinding light to guide us to the dance. Christmas music and students dancing greeted us at the entrance with an overwhelming amount of people gathered around the dance floor dressed in nice clothes. I needed to find Cody and my other friends, so I came up with an excuse to get away from Theo.

"I'm gonna go get us drinks," I offered, unlinking our arms. "Okay, I'll come find you in a bit!" Theo responded. I could tell he was clearly mesmerized by the atmosphere surrounding us and a natural smile formed on my face. Wipe that grin off your face, Blake. I cringed at myself, what was wrong with me? I shook my head and pushed past the swarm of students until I saw my friends laughing with drinks in their hands.