Chapter Eleven: The Realness of something sweet part 1/3

Harry POV: The Realness of something sweet part

When morning broke, I groaned, and rolled over in my bed. I hit something solid – warm, but hard.

The object grunted, and a rush of warm air hit my neck, causing me to shiver. I squeezed my eyes tighter, trying to block out the senses that were becoming alert. I wanted to sleep still, even though I wasn’t tired and I was refreshed, I just couldn’t be bothered moving. But my body had other plans. I slid forwards on the bed, eyes still closed, but then grunted when arms constricted me; Louis’ arms. I smiled, but then my body lurched ahead again, and I swiftly unwrapped his arms. I ran into my bathroom, relieving myself of my body’s duties.

I washed my hands before heading back out into the bedroom, smiling at the beautiful, peaceful creature that was fast asleep in my bed. Why couldn’t this happen every day from now and till forever?I’d be lying if I said that seeing Louis sleeping my bed, with his messy hair strewn across his face, sheets and blankets tangled up around his ankles, wasn’t attractive – because it was, painfully, actually.

I left the room immediately before I tried something I would soon regret. Heading downstairs, I remembered that our mothers were coming home today. I checked the clock, reading that it was ten thirty-one. I sighed heavily, heading into the kitchen lazily, opening the fridge. I grabbed the milk carton and took a messy mouthful before taking it with me to the radio. I turned it on, a song just ending, and a new one beginning to start.

Cher Lloyds – Want you back – began to play and I smiled, happy for her. I hadn’t talked to her much recently, but we were still close, or so I thought we were. I began to nod my head to the beat, then my foot, soon starting to break out in a full on dance in my boxers around the kitchen and living room. “I want you back, w-want you, want you back! Ugh!” My voice was yelling, and I didn’t really think about Louis still asleep upstairs until I heard a cough from behind me.

I turned around, dazed, panting, and into the eyes of Louis, looking grumpy, dressed in his jeans and shirt from the night before. He’d obviously just fallen asleep in them. He grabbed the milk bottle out of my hands, yet to say a word, and took a drink from it. I smiled, we just indirectly kissed…

I shook my head, annoyed at myself for thinking such a thing. “So, are you still up for tonight…no plans?”

He shut the fridge door unnecessarily hard. “I told you I was sorry Harry…I really am, I didn’t mean to forget…I just…” he trailed off, blushing and losing his place as I grabbed his hands, holding them up to my eyes.

“You have such womanly hands, Lou…”I muttered, never noticing it till right this moment. It was true, he really did.

Lou blushed redder, and ducked his head embarrassedly. “Whatever Haz, let go, I’m going to go take a shower.” I kissed his hands, ignoring him, and ran a thumb across his knuckles. He clenched them together tighter, soon turning a pale white. I lifted my eyes to his while dropping his hands. The flopped loosely to his sides, and he gazed at me expressionlessly. What was wrong with him?

I smiled sweetly at him, hiding my worry, turning away and flicking the kettle on. I heard a confused sigh, for some reason I couldn’t comprehend, and then he left and went back upstairs. I heard his bathroom door shut, then the water that began to fall heavily from the shower head.

I couldn’t help my thoughts as they ran wild: Louis was showering naked upstairs…

Louis POV: The Realness of something Sweet

There was something I was convincing myself to believe from the moment I woke up: Harry loves you, maybe not romantically, but he loves you.

But, for some reason, I couldn’t bring myself to bear the pain if he didn’t love me the way I wanted him too. Love is heart-breaking, understandably, and I strongly and courageously witnessed it. Or so I thought. Secretly, the entire time I was hiding it behind my expressions and choice of words, I was falling apart and breaking into a tiny shards. I was scared – nervous, anxious, whatever word you would like to use.

I felt…weak.

So I tried to hide it – thus being one of the worst decisions of my entire life. I don’t think I could ever make a decision like that again. That decision? Hiding my feelings from Harry. I had to tell him…I couldn’t take it anymore.

Every time he was the slightest bit affectionate towards me…my body, it reacted as though we were dating, as if it thought it was. It was irritating, because I couldn’t control it. And shortly, Harry would suspect something, so I desperately needed to break it before he confronted me about it and I would probably say ‘no’ and then that would be the end of that. Except I wouldn’t want it to be the end of that. I sighed, opening my bedroom door, suddenly excited, but still nervous nonetheless.  I checked the time quickly, 5:45. It was time.

It was time for my ‘date’ with Harry.

Harry POV: The Realness of something sweet

I heard Louis come down the stairs, and I froze, cursing to myself nervously.

Why did I even bother to ask for this date? I was just going to make a fool out of myself by saying something stupid. But I couldn’t bring myself to care when my eyes landed on his tanned figure, standing awkwardly at the end of the stairs.

Mum and Jay walked out of the living room, and gasped, and Jay’s hands went up to her face. “My boy looks so handsome!” She gushed lovingly, and wrapped her arms around Louis’ body.

Mum smiled at me, and nudged me with her elbow knowingly. She knew I was nervous. I was thankful that she could pick that up; it gave me reassurance that I wasn’t alone – I wasn’t the only one who was scared.

“Doesn’t he look handsome Harry?” Jay suddenly asked me, and I pulled my eyes away from my mum and onto Louis. I heard Louis groan lightly, and mutter an annoyed and humiliated ‘mum!’ to her.

I smiled, “yes. He looks very, very handsome.” I told the truth, mainly because he did honestly lookdeliciously handsome and because I didn’t want to lie to his mother. She smiled at Louis, and he blushed scarlet, embarrassed at the attention he was getting.

Louis was wearing cream coloured trousers, rolled up obviously, with a baggy grey shirt with tan suspenders which had a navy highlight-stripe through them. His shoes were his usual grey TOMS, and I smiled down at them – they were new though.

“What about Harry, Jay? I think he looks very handsome too.” My mum pointed out, and I grunted, not entirely bothered – just as long as Louis doesn’t say anything.

“Yeah Louis…” Jay said slyly, looking at him – arms crossed – expectantly.

He nodded, “he looks very nice.” I looked like I always did: dark wash jeans, a white button up shirt with a blazer. However, tonight, I went with a burgundy coloured blazer with a dark blue bowtie.

I sighed, “Ready to go Lou?”

Louis smiled, cheeks flushing a faint pink, before nodding. “Yeah, let’s go.”

Louis walked up to me, and I put an arm on his back, leading his towards the door. I heard our mums say a good-bye, before the door shut on them. We chatted as we rode the elevator down to the ground floor, and just as were about to hop into the car, I slapped his ass.

“Let’s have a good night Lou!”