Chapter 7 Why does it hurt so much?

Louis POV: Why does it hurt so much?

I hoped out of the car, closing the door lightly behind me.

I jumped when I felt Harry’s hand on my back, guiding me towards the complex building entrance. The elevator ride up to our floor was silent, other than my tears that were still falling, and Harry sniffing now and then, clearing his own eyes of his tears.

It was heart-warming to know that he had be crying over what had happened, it made me realise that he still cared for me. I shut my eyes slightly, the dark images flashing at a blurring-speed in front of my lids. They flicked back open, suddenly well aware of my situation. I had almost been raped…

You hear stories, mainly, about girls being raped by filth in dark alleyways as they walked home from a night shift of work or if they were out a party – you hardly ever hear about a guy getting raped by another guy. And now, whenever I think about it, or think of anything else, I get tense and my throat starts to get thick with tears and pain.

Harry was my angel in human-form – so perfectly crafted from the man overhead, sending him down onto the earth here to protect me from whatever was thrown my way: he was my guardian angel. And, unknowingly, I had gotten angry at him, and made him disappointed with me. But with that being said…he still came and rescued me.

I could never ask for anything more…well…that’s not entirely true. I could ask for more, but I couldn’t actually ask him for that, because that would be awkward since he’s the straightest person I know. Although, there are moments when he seems to be something more than that…not straight but not gay either…as if he were frightened of something – it was like describing myself, then I realised I actually was and I let it pass me by.

Harry guided me to his bedroom, but I didn’t bother asking why. His mother was asleep on the sofa bed, or from what I had caught on the molecule amount of time we spent walking past, and he wrapped his arms under my knees, and the other around under my shoulders, and picked me up. I squirmed in his arms, suddenly self-conscious because I knew I was heavy.

He placed me on the bed delicately, as if I were glass or a bubble, and pulled my shoes off. I blush a red heat, and I felt it climb my neck and rest on my cheeks. Harry hesitated for a moment, and for a second I thought I saw him turn to the door, but I patted the bed beside me, motioning for him to lie beside me.

He didn’t for a second, and I sighed, rolling onto my side, turning my back to him.  I silently awaited him to leave…but he never did. I felt the bed dip beside me where he had gotten onto it, and I felt him lie behind me, his warm breath on my neck causing me to shiver. I froze, shivering, when he wrapped a hand around my waist, drawing me closer to his chest. When my back hit his chest, I gasped, satisfied. What had gotten into him?

“Lou…” he whispered almost inaudibly. I shivered again, feeling affected by his thick, tear-lugged voice.

“Y-yeah?” I managed to croak out over top of my tears that were still falling – I couldn’t control them. But, I had almost been raped; I think I had a choice.

I expecting to be scolded by him, and given a lecture about how I shouldn’t have gone out without telling him and how what I did was immature. “I won’t tell anyone.”

My breath got stuck in my throat. “What?” I squeezed out.

He sighed raggedly, and he sniffed again, and I knew he was crying once more. My heart sighed angelically from the happiness that was burning my brain, but at the same time, my heart cried with him. “I won’t tell anyone what happened…I promise.” That shocked me. I expected him to tell someone – like Liam or the police. I would’ve done that if I were in his position.