𝟣𝟨

—

It's been a few weeks since we, Elliot, chose the horses to pull our carriage. I've realized overtime that I think I caught feelings for the men.

All three.

Is that even possible?

I caught myself getting butterflies when one of them would even just smile at me. The other night, Matteo put his hand on my waist and I felt my face nearly heat up. Of course, he found it amusing.

Though, I wasn't sure if they felt the same. The thought of that being the reality gave me a feeling of sadness, being the only one with those kinds of feelings.

We were currently decorating the wedding venue. I poured water into one of the flower vases, lost in my own thoughts. Recently, Elliot seemed like he's been on edge. Does he actually want to get married? Or is he dreading the thought of me being his wife?

"Princess," I heard the smooth, deep voice behind me begin speaking. I held back a smile at the nickname. I felt as though even if I wasn't an actual princess, he would still call me that.

I looked over my shoulder, "Yes, Elijah?"

"Those flowers are beautiful," he said. His head slightly tilted as he admired them for a moment, before his gaze met my own. His eyes reached different parts of my face. "Not as beautiful as you, though."

I was definitely blushing.

I smiled and turned my head away, not wanting him to see how flushed I got. His hand reached for my chin and he turned it back to face him using his index finger and thumb.

His hand fell to his side once he heard Elliot's voice approaching.

He was speaking to a shorter and curvier woman, walking passed us as he spoke about the chairs we were picking for the guests who were attending the wedding. 

Which mainly consisted of Elliot's family, a few royals from nearby Kingdoms, and the guards.

I felt a pang of sadness hit my chest, wishing my parents could attend. Though, I knew they never would. They sent me here to begin with, no parents who truly love their child would send them away so far. Which meant they couldn't care less about me getting married, even if it was to a Prince.

"Meet me in my room once we get back," Elijah spoke. "My room's the first one on the left."

I nodded a response to him and watched as he looked over his shoulder just as Elliot walked out of our sight. He turned back to me, kissing me on the side of my forehead before making his way back to where he came from.

My eyebrows slightly raised, as he's never kissed me when we weren't doing anything sexual.

"Marella, come," Elliot called for me. I greeted him and the woman with a small smile before he went on about the colours. The woman discarded me and only looked toward the Prince, admiration glinting in her eyes as if she had fallen in love with him within an hour of being here.

𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐮𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐈𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 | +𝟏𝟖 On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara