***

While Caroline and Aria were at the boarding house, prepping for the Miss Mystic Falls pageant, Aria received a call for Seline, who pleaded for her to meet her at the Grill, which is how both Caroline and Aria ended up sitting across Seline on a table at the grill, Caroline refusing to let Aria meet up with Seline alone.

"My sister's on the warpath" Seline informed the two sisters, "The artifact that she's trying to assemble has the power to kill her, that's why she's after all three pieces of the bell, lucky for you, I already stole the biggest part".

"Did you want a congrats in person?" Caroline asked, confused as to why Seline called them here, "I mean, we're due at an event".

"You have something I need" Seline clarified, "I have something you need, I have the bell, you have the tuning fork, and together, we're like chocolate and peanut butter".

"Or peanut butter and garbage" Caroline retorted.

"Hey, I am trying to make amends" a frustrated Seline said, "I could've just as easily called Damon".

"Damon?" a confused Aria asked, "What does Damon have to do with all this?".

"He has the third piece of the bell, the striker" Seline informed.

"And what exactly is this striker?" a curious Aria asked.

"It's an iron ball" Seline replied, "My sister had him fetch it from the Maxwells, he doesn't even know what it is, look, I am partially responsible for the damage she inflicts on the world, if I want to make good, that starts with killing Sybil".

"I'm just having a hard time taking you seriously because of everything you've done" Caroline said.

"You don't have to trust me" Seline assured, "But I sure as hell am trusting you, with a weapon of terrible power".

Caroline looked at Aria who simply rolled her eyes in response, Caroline then chuckled and looked at Seline, "Well, I love a weapon of terrible power" she said, standing up.

"Where are you going?" a confused Seline asked, as Aria grabbed her bag and also stood up.

"Miss Mystic Falls" Caroline replied, "Those of us who haven't burnt every single bridge we've ever crossed have obligations".

And with that both Aria and Caroline walked out the grill, leaving behind a furious Seline.

***